IMFD Sometimes IMFD autoburns directly at the planet

spacekid1998

Reaction score
Hello

Sometimes I'll set up a autoburn in the course program and orbit eject, but the autoburn points me tot he planet and burns.. i end up crashing into the surface. anyone know why? in this pic the autoburn is on

t4xmqt.jpg

lennartsmit

Reaction score
If your nose is towards the planet and it tries to do an autoburn, stop it immediately. Then wait until you face outwards, then try again.

Tommy

Reaction score
This occurs when the ejection point is set incorrectly, in this case to soon. One possible cause is that you have Target Intercept and Orbit Eject in seperate MFD's that aren't "shared" correctly. Another is that you changed the parameters in Target Intercept after you opened Orbit Eject. Another is that you are using Target Intercept's AB instead of Orbit Eject's.

A screenshot showing the MFD's (use glass cockpit mode for better readability, and not in "Burn View) would be far more informative than an external view. As it is, I have no idea where you are trying to go, or how you've set up IMFD, so I can't really help.

I recommend markl315's "IMFD Full Manual" available at OrbitHanger for the correct usage of the various programs contained in IMFD.

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Don't worry, it happens to everybody. Half the time, if you just turn off autoburn, then turn it on again, it fixes the problem.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
This issue is already covered in my tutorial

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3403"]Tutorial: Concepts for Interplanetary MFD 4.2.1[/ame]

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i end up crashing into the surface. anyone know why?

It also happens when you turn on autoburn AFTER tej has reached zero. The MFD will then perform its burn as it should until the burn is theoretically finished (i.e. until it would be finished had you engaged autoburn before tej reached zero), then turns around and commits suicide. It doesn't like being late at all...