Soyuz 7K-TM

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
ok, so which -BO meshes should receive the new IGLA models? and what about the IGLA(s) on the PAO(s)?

also, for the record, you're asking me to increase detail on a model, which of course i'm always happy to do(& alas for my poor modeling skills that can't get the job done more efficiently)...!

Well, all Igla equipped Soyuz - this detail is also only about the interrogation antenna, which communicates with the passive vessel and calculates range and range rate.

So, it should apply to the active 7K-OK, 7K-T, Soyuz T and Progress, but not Soyuz 7K-TM, since it was passive.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Another CR - the SA could need the inside of the parachute containers and I am not sure from the mesh data, if the parachute hatches could be made invisible.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
'all sounds really good, 4throck, but i believe the vzor periscope is ejected during the reentry burn, no?

My wrong, I really didn't check... Well, I can configure it to be jettisoned but it will mess up the launch configuration... Speaking of that, the heat shield and parachute hatch on the return module should also go. But that depends on the meshes and spacecraft.dll limitations... Anyway, if you provide those as separate elements ill do the best I can.

Are you guys doing a custom .dll

I'm working on a basic spacecraft.dll implementation.

Here are some images of my first "successful" (I landed on water ;)) test mission:

Last edited:

castorp

Reaction score
the heat shield and parachute hatch on the return module should also go. But that depends on the meshes and spacecraft.dll limitations... Anyway, if you provide those as separate elements ill do the best I can.

attached is the OctoberSky DR6.0 (internal) mesh set. all the bits and bobs are here separated into (hopefully) more convenient groups to animate, including separated thermal blankets, heatshield, docking probe, antennae, solar-panels, etc.

note that this does not include textures, nor do these meshes have the thermal shield color fix [yet].

of course, all the IGLAs need to be upgraded...

cheers
hc

Attachments

• OctoberSky DR6.0 meshes.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 23

castorp

Reaction score
Another CR - the SA could need the inside of the parachute containers and I am not sure from the mesh data, if the parachute hatches could be made invisible.

i believe that the DR6.0 meshes attached above should have the detailed interiors for the parachute hatches, along with the hatches themselves as separate meshes...

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
And here's the reentry sequence with the new meshes. Very cool! The thermal blankets just disappear when you jettison the parachute covers and heat-shield.

I don't know about the exact velocities for landing. As it is the parachute will slow you down to ~16ms, and using the braking motor will get that down to ~12ms.
Perhaps the info is on some of the PDFs mentioned here, but I didn't have the time to look.
Anyway, I think that I only have to get the solar panel animations on the service module to get right, and after that I'm done!

castorp

Reaction score
And here's the reentry sequence with the new meshes. Very cool! The thermal blankets just disappear when you jettison the parachute covers and heat-shield.

that all looks super!
in the original project we'd also swapped textures on the SA during reentry to give it that nice caramelized appearance by the time it got through descent heating...
any interest in mucking about with those?
lemme know and i'll post the set of textures.

cheers
hc

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I have interest here!

castorp

Reaction score
well, i can't locate the dds versions of these right now, but here are the bmps for both the SA body & heatshield thermalization [attached].

cheers
hc

Attachments

• thermalized textures.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 12

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the comments and new textures!
With spacecraft.dll I can't swap textures. Anyway, I can try to change them in the mesh so that the capsule looks more burned ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thanks for the comments and new textures!
With spacecraft.dll I can't swap textures. Anyway, I can try to change them in the mesh so that the capsule looks more burned ;)

I can easily swap textures here, but I develop at a pretty slow pace here. :lol:

Still work on having the big structure of the code defined well here. Like how the modules are implemented and how the capabilities of the different module types get selected. A complete generic Soyuz is out of scope, but you can combine different modules. There are some incompatibility issues left, but these can be solved by just calling the user an idiot for writing such a stupid configuration file and combine a 7K-TM SA with a 7K-OK PO.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
I'm still finding out what mesh groups are part of the solar panels! I've got a simple horizontal scale animation that kind of works, but there are still 4 bolts (or something like that) that are not being animated. I'd love to get around to having a cool accordion panel unfolding effect, but we are talking dozens of groups here, so don't count on it. As long as the panels are retracted at launch it's fine for me. For the Orbital module I simple created a mesh without the protruding antennas ;) for launch and it works.

Besides that, the only things really missing are RCS jets and a nice CCCP fairing for the rocket.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm still finding out what mesh groups are part of the solar panels! I've got a simple horizontal scale animation that kind of works, but there are still 4 bolts (or something like that) that are not being animated. I'd love to get around to having a cool accordion panel unfolding effect, but we are talking dozens of groups here, so don't count on it. As long as the panels are retracted at launch it's fine for me. For the Orbital module I simple created a mesh without the protruding antennas ;) for launch and it works.

LOL, Well, I hope to get the proper animation done, it looks like a pretty sequence in photographs. AFAIR, the deployment was even done without pyrotechnics, which is even more impressive today.

Besides that, the only things really missing are RCS jets and a nice CCCP fairing for the rocket.

I have a proper fairing, but the escape rocket mesh I have is for the wrong generation. would need to make a new escape rocket mesh.

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Actually you will need 3 sets of fairings and 3 different SAS, if you're going to cover spacecrafts from 7k-ok to 7k-tm of course.

Last edited:

andrew

Reaction score
cc92e390d32f.jpg

SAS-Family-c.jpg

http://www.novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8143&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Well, here's what it looks like using the TMA fairing. The periscope is on a different place and mesh scale seems a little different (there are some protruding parts coming out back of the service module). I don't know if a custom fairing would fix it if it is a scale problem.

101026225042tafpaoservi.jpg

castorp

Reaction score
'had built a Block I with coupler for the OctoberSky project, but sadly never got around to doing a shroud...

BlockI_skirts.jpg

BlockI_noskirts.jpg

'suppose a shroud could get added to the list of mesh work, though at the rate i'm going don't expect it (necessarily) soon.
:coffee:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I have another anim8or mesh already of a TM fairing, which you could maybe use as starting point, don't know if this might make your work easier. The file also contains the rest of the Soyuz stuff.