• 7k_orbiter_meshes_update.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Nice! I'm improving the scenarios for Salyut6, by adding a second docked Soyuz to the station. Of course, both are controllable:
110201230750salyut6mt.jpg

The thing is that Soyuz 34 (nice screenshots diogom ;) ) was launched unmanned! Soyuz 32 was docked to Salyut6, Soyuz 33 failed and returned to Earth, so 34 was sent. Soyuz 32 also undocked and deorbited unmanned. Nice stuff!

diogom

Reaction score
I think I will work on Salyut 1 scenarios. Just need to make config files for the OK and Salyut, the meshes are already done.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
I'll send you what I have on OK when possible, no need to duplicate work. Nevertheless, I've not updated that version to the current T / T-AF configuration, so there's plenty do do there!

Salyut 1 is a very good idea. Perhaps you can do some research and add RCS to the station. If I find some info on that I'll post it.

diogom

Reaction score
Basic work on the Salyut 1 is done, I'l go for the RCS.
Also, when the OK is done, I'l make some scenarios for Soyuz 1 through 9 too. :thumbup:

diogom

Reaction score
Hey 4throck! The "OK" configs are OK :lol:, although I am getting a missing texture error. After checking in the Texture folder, I confirmed that the texture Engine_Exhaust.dds doesn't exist.

Other than that, I'm getting no problems, despite for a BO_Female disappearence after activation, and a CTD right after, though I think it's because of the missing texture (unless it's the mesh, I see no other reason :shrug:).

Soyuz 4 is done, Soyuz 5 pending because of BO problem, Soyuz 1 done, Salyut 1 on the way.

EDIT: Forget the "disappearing BO problem" :thumbup:, turns out it was because of a small difference in the SA's payload config. Therefore, Soyuz 5 is done too. All that's left now is the missing texture.

Last edited:

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
I'm really looking foward to the release of this guys! Keep up the awesome work!

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
I've tried to do 7K-TM for ASTP by adding the docking adapter to the passive 7K-OK.

It looks like this:

110206230213okpaopassiv.jpg

(Don't mind the fact that the reentry module has no thermal blankets. It will be fixed when OK is done :) )

I think it's closer than using Soyuz-TM or TMA and definitely worth doing.

diogom

Reaction score
That definitely looks better than using the TM or TMA. :thumbup: I remeber doing one of these imediatly after downloading the very first 7k Soyuz available on this thread. It's nice that it evolved so much.

I will try to post some screenshots of the current progress of the very first Soyuz flights and Salyut 1 later today.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Here they are, sooner than I expected.

Soyuz 4/5 docked in orbit:

ka5uex.jpg

Soyuz 5:

160pily.jpg

Soyuz 4:

29e24wx.jpg

Volynov's troubled re-entry aboard Soyuz 5:

2v2v51k.jpg

That's all for now, be back with Salyut 1.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Looks good :cheers: !

I'll try to improve the panel animations. No promises, but I still think that they are necessary to give the launch scenarios more realism.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Yes... I'd leave that poor man to rest in peace. I personally never simulate missions that ended in disaster... Nevertheless, its an interesting find.

Me neither, never flew Columbia nor Challenger in Orbiter.. Not exactly sure why. Respect? :idk:

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
I'm thinking of including a nice memorial for Vladimir Komarov, Georgy Dobrovolsky, Vladislav Volkov and Viktor Patsayev, on their respective missions' scenario. But, how will this be done? Any ideas?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Pretty weird to hear him talk and to know that he would die about an hour later..

In fact he successfully manually piloted his Soyuz capsule through reentry. He was killed by a total parachute failure. :(

Another exemple that show how much rushing programs and missions is dangerous. Almost every part of the Soyuz failed on that first flight that should have been unmanned (after all, if they put 1 cosmonaut instead of 3, they knew it was almost suicidal)...