OHM Soyuz TMA

stealthstar

Reaction score
Why did you re-release an old addon?

Exactly! They are on 2010P1 now so that guy should make an update that IS compatible with 2010P1! the year on the date says 2010. so this has me asking, WTF? The orbiter build it's made for is 060929???

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Exactly! They are on 2010P1 now so that guy should make an update that IS compatible with 2010P1! the year on the date says 2010. so this has me asking, WTF? The orbiter build it's made for is 060929???

Maybe you should look at the month.

stealthstar

Reaction score
Maybe you should look at the month.

It should still work without me having to install an older version of orbiter. That's the thing that's annoying me the most about 2010P1. It seems to have an apparent lack of compatibility with older addons. I hope they learn to fix that in the next update of orbiter.

Castor

Reaction score
It should still work without me having to install an older version of orbiter. That's the thing that's annoying me the most about 2010P1. It seems to have an apparent lack of compatibility with older addons. I hope they learn to fix that in the next update of orbiter.

Every time a new version is released, some of the older addons become obsolete. The lack of compatibility is due to the incorporation of much better features in Orbiter by the upgradation of the Orbiter API. So, it's nothing to complain about.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...I hope they learn to fix that in the next update of orbiter.
Every morning I start the pc saying: "Ohhh, let's now see what other impossible Soyuz threads have appeared during the night" :rofl:
The guy didn't change attitude, though...it starts annoying me.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I hope they learn to fix that in the next update of orbiter.

Just so you know, the "they" you are referring to is actually one person. And he doesn't make addons. He makes Orbiter. It is solely up to the addon author to update addons to make them compatible with newer versions.

However, some authors of really awesome addons have moved on to other things or are no longer part of this community, while others are no longer with us.

You should also do a little homework on the history of Orbiter. At the time this addon was released (March 16, 2010), 060929 was the latest version. The original base distribution of Orbiter 2010 was released on June 6, 2010.

Honestly, the reason we are all getting frustrated is because we are telling you how to resolve the issues you have, yet you refuse to listen. Stubbornness like that doesn't go over well with this community, nor do temper-tantrums, hissy-fits, or foot-stomping fix-it-now demands.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Honestly, the reason we are all getting frustrated is because we are telling you how to resolve the issues you have, yet you refuse to listen. Stubbornness like that doesn't go over well with this community, nor do temper-tantrums, hissy-fits, or foot-stomping fix-it-now demands.

Honestly, we all like a good laugh. :lol:

But I must really say, I am only a few minutes away from answering his Support requests with

"Orbiter support. Have you tried turn it off and on again? Is it definitely plugged in?"

regula50

Reaction score
Good craft. Docked yesterday with Mir with any problem and was quite easy.