Gaming Space Engineers (now in BETA)

Gerdih

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, there is an actual goal in Minecraft - to slay a dragon that is hidden deep in the dungeon. But I never got there. It's much more fun just hanging with your friends (especially when there are 3+ players).

Pft, I would just call it optional mission, with credits when u finish it. And then, back to normal Minecraft.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Pft, I would just call it optional mission, with credits when u finish it. And then, back to normal Minecraft.

That's why the Ender Dragon was created by the way; to give an "end" to a game that didn't have a beginning to begin with.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Update 01.145 (?)

Update 01.145:

Wasn't 01.145 already released along with 01.144 a week ago?

sorindafabico

Reaction score
I have some questions for those already playing this game: what can I do with a PC slightly above the minimum requirements? Is it possible to render planets? If yes, of which size? What's the critical part: RAM, video card...?

Gerdih

Reaction score
I have some questions for those already playing this game: what can I do with a PC slightly above the minimum requirements? Is it possible to render planets? If yes, of which size? What's the critical part: RAM, video card...?

Havent been plaing for some months since my dedicated graphic card stopped working. But I would bet you will go nowhere with a PC slightly above minimum. About the most critical part, I would say CPU.

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Havent been plaing for some months since my dedicated graphic card stopped working. But I would bet you will go nowhere with a PC slightly above minimum. About the most critical part, I would say CPU.

Well, so the investment needed is more than ten times the price of the game itself on steam. I saw that the recommended processor is a Core i5(!).

So, I will have to wait. Thanks!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
There are two branches as long as I know now, stable one and development one.
Yes, but the previous week's video had 01.144 for stable and 01.145 for development. The title of that video has been changed to 01.140 & 01.144, but the video itself wasn't edited and 01.145 is still being shown in it, as well as in this week's video. :p

I'm currently in the development branch, however I haven't launched the game for some month now, so I didn't see actual version numbers after the updates.

a PC slightly above the minimum requirements? Is it possible to render planets? If yes, of which size? What's the critical part: RAM, video card...?
The minimum on the store page can't handle planets as also can't handle current versions of the game in empty space (the presented there NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870 are DirectX 10 capable cards).

For planets 8 GB and a fast swap file is the minimum :p (at least when using the default world scenarios - it might be working better if you spawn a single planet manually in creative and then switch to survival to play on it, instead of playing on a full set of planets from the world definition).

Newest processor model isn't that much required. The game will run quite fine on old Core2Quad Q6700 overclocked to 3200 MHz.

I think the graphics card is what matters the most for the game - for NVidia it should be at least a model that ends with 70 (970, 770), or 80 when in older series (580, 680).

sorindafabico

Reaction score
I think the graphics card is what matters the most for the game - for NVidia it should be at least a model that ends with 70 (970, 770), or 80 when in older series (580, 680).

Ouch. The GeForce 770 costs a monthly minimum wage here. I'm interested in this game, but I probably won't be playing it in the next couple of years.