Vessel Space patrol Galasphere

jjake101

Reaction score
Space Patrol was a TV series broadcast in the early 60's, it was based in New York in the year 2100.
Here are things that could be included in this addon.

- All the colonies and research centers and other structures that were shown on all the planets
- 4 Galasphere's that would take off from a platform in New York
- A landing platform with a city on Neptune
- All the ships that were seen (Saturnian, Uranian, Neptunian, Colonist, Betelgeuse and Sirian

Here is a link to the first episode on youtube, it might be worth watching a few if you want to make this addon

Last edited:

KirkUnit

Reaction score
Wow! How did I ever miss this one?

I'm a big Gerry Anderson fan, and I love anything that uses puppets and/or marionettes! I've never heard of this.

Thanks for posting the video.

KirkUnit

jjake101

Reaction score
Yeah, If anyone is planning on making this it would be best to watch as many epsisodes on youtube as possible so you have a good knowledge of "Space Patrol"

I was thinking it could include
- All the colonies and research centres and other structures that were shown on all the planets
- 4 Galasphere's that would take off from a platform in New York
- A landing platform with a city on Neptune
- All the ships that were seen (Saturnian, Uranian, Neptunian, Colonist, Betelgeuse and Sirian)

Last edited:

jjake101

Reaction score
I thought I might see if anyone still wants to make this addon.

It would probably be good to watch a few episodes before you start making the addon :) anyone interested?

Last edited:

jjake101

Reaction score
Just updated the original post to make it clearer what should be included in the addon :)

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
might be interested in giving it a look later, doubt I'll do it though, not really a good addon maker, just a beginner, once I can figure out how to model, texture and Code, I'll reconsider your proposal

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
might be interested in giving it a look later, doubt I'll do it though, not really a good addon maker, just a beginner, once I can figure out how to model, texture and Code, I'll reconsider your proposal

I really shouldn't do this, but I cant help wanting to put it out there. A project of mine to produce a development guide for Orbiter can be found here:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=30387&highlight=guide+Orbiter

Please take special note of the 0.1 part; it is very far from being finished, but the parts on surface bases and meshing might help out a lot. I will finish it someday, but writing tutorials really gets quite tedious, so Im sticking to shinier things at the moment.

:hailprobe:

Kendo

Reaction score
I have got the Galasphere, just waiting for permission. Great model.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

I now have permission to use the model.

jjake101

Reaction score
I have got the Galasphere, just waiting for permission. Great model.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

I now have permission to use the model.

awesome :) if you watch some of the episodes you might get a good idea of what to do in terms of other ships and colonies, if you want to do those aswell.

could you post a screenshot or two of the model?

Kendo

Reaction score
I can send you the msh file if you want it. I haven,t the time to do another mod. PM with your email address.