Retro

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Dunno about the design of the orbiter and tank, but there are good gameplay and technical reasons why they kept the cockpit the same for each of the missions, and it is all explained in the manual.

It's mostly project planning reasons. They just don't want to make the difference.

It's the same with Space Shuttle Ultra. I would really like to have a classic CRT cockpit VC for it. But we have still enough basic work to be done, before we can even think about such options.

But as long as I can afford my daily dose of caffeine, I will keep working towards it.

But a tiny feature such as using the correct ETs and ET physical properties is no problem. I think we can get the correct ET meshes of the first flights for SSU. And STS-1 is already on the wish list for the first missions to be included.

Space Shuttle Simulator 2007
A lot of things are inaccurate,needs help bad
Retro

Can you also make such a short review on Space Shuttle Ultra. :lol:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I bought it on wendsday. I must say, I'm quite impressed with it. Noticed that the astronouts dissapear once the ET seperated:lol:love how I can finally interact with the cockpit:pMust say, though. Not that satisfied with just 10 missions:dry:and seconds go on for 5 seconds(I counted;))

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I think it is -all right-but I would not buy it. What other features are there?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
and seconds go on for 5 seconds(I counted)
Sounds like you got an under-spec'ed computer. Are you sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements listed on this page: http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/about.html ? If it doesn't, then you'll have to live with the non-optimal framerates and performance of SSM2007 until either A)Upgrade your computer to meet the system requirements or B)Get a computer that does meet the system requirements.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
That must suck for him not to see the astronauts.

retro

Reaction score
For one thing when the shuttle launches to the Iss, the station is way out of plane.
And threw out the countdown, calls and procedures are way out of time,all of them ,til you get to T-9:00 min hold.After the T- 9 min pick up, it seems OK. just alot of little things.
Retro

Cornflake

Reaction score
Hmm looks like this would be a program worth trying, it looks much smoother and refined compared to Orbiter (in terms of the shuttle, flight characteristics, particle effects, etc) but is there a demo or trial of this thing? That really puts the lid on buying a product if there's no demo.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I once tried the demo and I was a little impressed on the working planels and switches.

bujin

Reaction score
Not that satisfied with just 10 missions:dry:and seconds go on for 5 seconds(I counted;))

New missions are being built.

As for the time thing, yes, I noticed that too. I have a pretty powerful computer too, so it's not that. Prior to patch 1.27a, sim time was lagging behind real time (although it wasn't quite a 5:1 ratio, more like a 1.5:1). After patch 1.27a, it had gone the other way, so sim time was actually faster than real time! I was getting 50fps prior to installing an earlier patch, which had dropped to 31fps at around the time the time started going wonky!

Try this - before you load the game, open up your web browser to a page with Flash Player content and leave it on in the background while you play SSM2007. Doing that, I get back to 50fps and 1:1 time ratio.

Reactions: Tex

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Sounds like you got an under-spec'ed computer. Are you sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements listed on this page: http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/about.html ? If it doesn't, then you'll have to live with the non-optimal framerates and performance of SSM2007 until either A)Upgrade your computer to meet the system requirements or B)Get a computer that does meet the system requirements.
Positive. Frame rate works perfect. Just to give user more time to do things

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GDDyyJD-pIk"]YouTube - Décollage navette spatiale sur simulateur[/ame]
This was made by a french genius with S3. At first I thought he was using orbiter, then I looked at the description

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Here is my entry for their movie contest. Maybe Tex should hold a movie contest;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Pretty boring video clip, IMHO. There is no action, except the autopilot getting you into orbit and you playing around with the camera position.

(But good to see that the SSU project is not too far away from the SSM2007 features - we have at least visible booster separation motors. And yes, I consider SSM2007 as the infidel enemy. )

myles

Reaction score
I have to admit: I am sorry to buy SSM 2007. It was kind of cool at first, but then it gets old. I never got the time issue, and I always got 50FPS, and I only have 640MB of RAM! Maybe thats the reason it takes so long to load and takes so long to load EVERY SINGLE PANEL AND VIEW CHANGE- that gets VERY old, waiting for them to load for like 1 minute! The whole thing is autopilot and pressing switches. I haven't touched it forever... I want my 50 bucks back!

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Pretty boring video clip, IMHO. There is no action, except the autopilot getting you into orbit and you playing around with the camera position.
:censored: it took me 30:censored: minutes to make this video and you dare criticize me?!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
:censored: it took me 30:censored: minutes to make this video and you dare criticize me?!

uuuuh... yes!

And honestly: It does not even look like you spent 30 minutes for it. More like 10 minutes for recording and 20 minutes for uploading it.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
uuuuh... yes!

And honestly: It does not even look like you spent 30 minutes for it. More like 10 minutes for recording and 20 minutes for uploading it.
:cry:take it easy on me. I try the best I can to fit in. Living with asbergers isn't easy, because I never know if you guys are going to criticize me or congradulate me. No more trolling comments, please:sorry:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, I just tell you, that what you made is a just video, but you won't get anything in a contest for it.

I should make something better, but as long as the next SSU version is not out, it would be pretty unfair and cause bad vibrations.