• sts72launchupdate.zip
    669 KB · Views: 10

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks.
For STS 82:
Cargo Bay Payloads: Second Axial Carrier (SAC) Orbital Replacement Unit Carrier (ORUC) Flight Support System (FSS)
But it seems like the same stuff from STS61.
I think the HUbble may need to be changed to apply for the missions.

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is there the possibility of compiling PAMs in SSV?

I would love to fly missions like STS-7, STS-51G on the SSV

I hope I'm asking this question in the right place 👀

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is there the possibility of compiling PAMs in SSV?

I would love to fly missions like STS-7, STS-51G on the SSV

I hope I'm asking this question in the right place 👀
Yes and NO. The PAM's are just rockets. So they should work. BUt the Spinning part can be made as a vessel and just press a key and the satellite spins. press a key again and the satellite releases. I can make that as a separate vessel

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes and NO. The PAM's are just rockets. So they should work. BUt the Spinning part can be made as a vessel and just press a key and the satellite spins. press a key again and the satellite releases. I can make that as a separate vessel
Sounds good !

So that means it's possible :saúde:

My question is exactly this, how would I get them to rotate and also release the satellite?

Since SSV does not have the payloads operations panel like STS2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds good !

So that means it's possible :saúde:

My question is exactly this, how would I get them to rotate and also release the satellite?

Since SSV does not have the payloads operations panel like STS2016
Yes. So you would the Satellite rotation would be control by a panel in the rotation vessel. I just don't know enough about the attachments in SSV. Really the whole ASE (case) and rotation device could be done.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes. So you would the Satellite rotation would be control by a panel in the rotation vessel. I just don't know enough about the attachments in SSV. Really the whole ASE (case) and rotation device could be done.
SSV is all about realism and that includes the actual panels and DPS displays used. In case of the PAMs, they were controlled from a Standard Switch Panel (SSP) on L11 as well as through a set of DPS displays: https://commons.erau.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2439&context=space-congress-proceedings

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
SSV is all about realism and that includes the actual panels and DPS displays used. In case of the PAMs, they were controlled from a Standard Switch Panel (SSP) on L11 as well as through a set of DPS displays: https://commons.erau.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2439&context=space-congress-proceedings
I agree. That's why I am a bit hesitate to do this. I can make the ASE with the rotation attachment point. And just do a pop out window to open the ASE and start the spin and release. BUT it could not be controlled thru SSV.

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I agree. That's why I am a bit hesitate to do this. I can make the ASE with the rotation attachment point. And just do a pop out window to open the ASE and start the spin and release. BUT it could not be controlled thru SSV.
At the moment it would be a simple and very good solution to provide an ASE for the SSV.

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Alright guys

In scenarios like STS-7, how do I attach the SPAS to the Payload Bay after I deploy it?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have been asked about STS32 and STS51D. For STS 32 we have the LDEF. We have the LeaSAT5. They might need to be redone. As the cradle,.....
The STS51d was from an older version.

I was able to convert the ASE to SSV. BUT I realize SSV is for realism. I just did a panel to open the ASE and spin and release. For LeaSAT5 it would just spin on release

Attachments

• sts52d.jpg
    sts52d.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 7
  • sts32satrelease.jpg
    sts32satrelease.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 7
  • sts32payload.jpg
    sts32payload.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 4
  • syncomcradle.jpg
    syncomcradle.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 6
  • STS51dSTS2016.jpg
    STS51dSTS2016.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 9
  • STS51dSTS20161.jpg
    STS51dSTS20161.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 8
  • STS51dSTS20162.jpg
    STS51dSTS20162.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 8

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For example. In sts2016 and STS on the ASE it may have the Payload fitting and bridge rail. For SSV it is just the ASE because the rest is added via mission editor.
For the LEASAT sat's in STS 2016 and STS the cradle is just there no payload fittings,...... Should be easy fo SSV if it fits. STS2016 I would add the payload fittings. It might be easier to add the payload fitting tot he cradle as the cradle has an adjustable tunnions.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
STS51D. So there is so called Fly swatter. That attached to the rms. But it was strapped on it. That is doable BUT the rms code would need to re redone. The "FLY Swatter" was built with repurposed item. No maybe not recode to deal with it. Also there are active payload fittings. But no active payloads?

Attachments

• sts51d.jpg
    sts51d.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Redid the ASE for sts51d. I need do redo the GAS payload. I will add those Active Payload fittings. I may redo the SAT also.

I did get it to work in SSV

I think it is odd that STS51D as an extra set of active payload fitting and keel fitting.

Attachments

• sts51dnew.jpg
    sts51dnew.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 12
  • sts51dpayload.jpg
    sts51dpayload.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: