Frogisis

innn spaaaaace...ace...ace...!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.frogisis.com
So:
attachment.php

OK, so I fail at copying your style. But it was like, suddenly, the level of art in this thread jumped up a few levels! I needed to draw something! :lol:

Hey, not bad... I just used a mechanical pencil, eraser, and my finger, with a little color manipulation, but I really dig the soft touch finish here, and the lightness of the pose. Good Photoshoppery, there.

Glad people liked the drawing - Keep up the fun stuff.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
:love:Oh Gemini oh Gemini, a fan boy's dream for, Gemini.:love:

:love:A forgotten craft, long left behind:love:

:love:How I dreamed, to see you rise:love:

:love: Oh Gemini oh Gemini, writ in lead, forever is thy, Gemini:love:

The poem is pretty bad:embarrassed:. It can't hold a candle to either River Crab's pictures or to the leap my heart took when I saw them. You made my day River Crab, Thank You.

You said you wanted feedback, and I think I can give you(and anyone else) some. Not a big post; I feel weak and poetical. I love what you did, and I want to post some things. So in no particular order:

1. About the easy reincarnation, its better than anything I had, so I'm rolling it in. It actually makes me kinda say 'Why didn't I think of that?'.
2. I don't know how much I can contribute to your fan book idea, but I will add what ever I can to it. If I haven't already filled up the whole book:).
2a. I was thinking about writing out a comic, but I would need a person who can draw to collaborate with me. This is a open job application. I would like to have it set in the Early NASA Era(NACA becoming NASA to the end of use for Apollo hardware) as that is what I know the most about.
3. The 60s-ish boots made me smile. She could go barefoot up there, what with an endless beach of stars to dance on(poetical feeling returning, ack:embarrassed:). As to fitting her character, I don't really know. Maybe the gloves and boots had the the landing skids for the old paraglider, and it looks cool anyway. Keep it if you like it.
4. I started thinking about Mercury. Since Gemini is a (vast) upgrade of her, they look similar. However, Mercury wouldn't have the skirt Gemini has, and is a lot smaller. If somebody puts the Mercury retropack on her like a backpack there will be problem as that bends a bit... too young to be acceptable on this forum. Not that I think anyone would go there but I think we should all know what may happen. Not that it should stop any one from doing it tastefully(<- key word).
5. I want to know if anyone thought about EVAs. I couldn't guess how one would be done, or even it it would be possible.
:goodnight:

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Poets often use many words
To say a simple thing
It takes thought and time and rhyme
To make a poem sing

With music and words I've been playing
For you I have written a song
To be sure that you'll know what I'm saying
I'll translate as I go along...

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
To say a simple thing
To make a poem sing

I'll translate as I go along...

Did you come up with that yourself? It nice regardless where it came from. Anyway, I been lost in productive though, and I going to leave the products of it here, ordered by spacecraft.

The LM
1. I've been reading on how Grumman(makers of the LM) had to go to some extreme lengths to keep weight down on the LM. This could something about and then again maybe not.
2. The LM has radar for docking, so if the LM has antennae, one should have a radar thingy at at the end.
3. I'm thinking the descent stage(golden bottom half) could be worn by her, but its been a pain in my minds eye to imagine how. Her feet could be the landing pads, but I just can't reason out how it would look. Sorry.

The CSM
1. I think the swimsuit could be recycled for Gemini. It would east to tell the difference because Apollo's would be white to Gemini's black(I think I brought this up before, don't remember).
2. In order to make Gemini's personality I cribbed it from her pilots. That might not be a good idea as many of the Gemini pilots also few on Apollo. Maybe due to the fact the only version of the CSM to fly manned was the Block II Lunar-Orbital version, maybe she is preoccupied with going to the Moon? If we keep that she could have her own moment of "stupid NASA" when her program stops so a darn earth-orbit spaceplane can be built. Does anyone have any ideas I can run with to flesh out her a little more?
3. Apollo should consider Gemini her rival. After all Gemini started during her development process and even had a few proposed moon mission ideas that would have stole her thunder.

This is more in general, but if docking is done in the romantic manner (smooch!) then the TLI and TEI coasting periods of the Apollo missions won't have any dialog. And since this is O-F, we can't make the kissing interesting without risks.

I'm realizing I may have become the thread:nono: guy. :dry:

EDIT ADD____________
Maybe we should make a group for this.

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Did you come up with that yourself? It nice regardless where it came from.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4P5L-f4OiQ"]YouTube- ã€�HD】ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇å*´ç‰ˆï¼šç*´ 予告 -EVANGERION:2.0 Trailer-[/ame]
To say a simple thing
To make a poem sing

I'll translate as I go along

Fly me to the moon,
and let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars
In other words: Hold my hand!
In other words: Darling kiss me!

Fill my heart with song,
and let me sing forever more
You are all I long for all I worship and adore
In other words: Please be true!
In other words: I love you!

In other words: Please be true!
In other words: I love you!
(Hoped someone would realise what the rest was. That was the only good video of it on Youtube...)

Anyway...
The LM
1. I've been reading on how Grumman(makers of the LM) had to go to some extreme lengths to keep weight down on the LM. This could something about and then again maybe not.
2. The LM has radar for docking, so if the LM has antennae, one should have a radar thingy at at the end.
3. I'm thinking the descent stage(golden bottom half) could be worn by her, but its been a pain in my minds eye to imagine how. Her feet could be the landing pads, but I just can't reason out how it would look. Sorry.
1. Maybe she is constantly dieting like the Shuttle ET? Never mind that they don't actually ingest anything besides fuel...

2. What do you mean, "Radar Thingy"? :p

3. Maybe something like LEM-shaped Powerizer springs?

powerbocking-shot-3.jpg

The CSM
1. I think the swimsuit could be recycled for Gemini. It would east to tell the difference because Apollo's would be white to Gemini's black(I think I brought this up before, don't remember).
2. In order to make Gemini's personality I cribbed it from her pilots. That might not be a good idea as many of the Gemini pilots also few on Apollo. Maybe due to the fact the only version of the CSM to fly manned was the Block II Lunar-Orbital version, maybe she is preoccupied with going to the Moon? If we keep that she could have her own moment of "stupid NASA" when her program stops so a darn earth-orbit spaceplane can be built. Does anyone have any ideas I can run with to flesh out her a little more?
3. Apollo should consider Gemini her rival. After all Gemini started during her development process and even had a few proposed moon mission ideas that would have stole her thunder.
1. I was planning to. They both end up swimming, anyway.

2. Darn you, space station Fred! :lol:
Another thing, maybe she is afraid of hitting the surface of the moon?

3. Sounds OK. But as you said before, they don't actually hate each other. L-3, on the other hand...

This is more in general, but if docking is done in the romantic manner (smooch!) then the TLI and TEI coasting periods of the Apollo missions won't have any dialog. And since this is O-F, we can't make the kissing interesting without risks.
:rofl:
BBC UK said:
James Belshaw, 26, and his girlfriend Sophia Severin, 23, from London, shared an unbroken kiss for 31 hours, 30 minutes and 30 seconds.
This is the current record as of 2005.

Seriously though, maybe they should dock together like space-acrobats? That certainly lends itself to the comparison of Blue Danube. Or, otherwise, like space-skydiving, or, even better:
12ea9a42de3dabe4f180e57a10757981.jpg

:lol:

And finally...
cinder1992 said:
nice image of me there, where did you get it?
"The River Crab is a Spy[crab]!"
*river_crab backstabs cinder1992

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That explains why it sounded familiar. Stop reminding me that I haven't seen ROE, though! :beathead:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I haven't seen Evangelion 2.0 yet, if it makes you feel any better. :lol:

Also, I forgot one very important type of docking...
MUSCLE DOCKING!

060804.jpg

20060913192612.jpg

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
And to think that I've heard the old "Fly me to the Moon" hundreds of times in Orbiter(its become like "Air on a G string" for me). I haven't seen the new Eva either.

Also, I forgot one very important type of docking...
MUSCLE DOCKING!

Geez, I almost had a heart attack before I realized it wasn't what I thought it was. Don't bring up any more weird docking stuff, could be our downfall.

1. Maybe she is constantly dieting like the Shuttle ET? Never mind that they don't actually ingest anything besides fuel...

A official NASA history used the word diet in regards to Grumman's efforts to keep the weight down so why not?
PA time! I would like to say to enterprising new spacecraft personify-ers that I have mined the NASA history books(they are online!) shamelessly for info and it could help you if you want to nab a NASA spacecraft before I start on it. The clock is ticking as I plow forward(Soviet Spacecraft, minus Soyuz, should be safe from my mania for now) and more craft fall to my personalization. Public Announcement over, returning to original schedule.

2. What do you mean, "Radar Thingy"? :p

Radar emitter/receivers can look like all sorts of things and not the dish-shaped stuff we usually think of. Make it look like Metal Gear Rex's Radome if you want.

"Metal Gear!?! Moon landing?!?"

Maybe not.

3. Maybe something like LEM-shaped Powerizer springs?

There would have to be four of those things. Remember, she has to leave that junk on the Moon, so maybe the lander legs are attached to the descent stage and not directly to her. It could work.

Darn you, space station Fred!

This seems like a running gag could be made about NASA being inconsistent in long range planing. First NASA has Mercury(first Americans in Space), then they are told to get to the Moon before 1970. So they ditch Mercury to build Apollo. Only they need to work on something while Apollo is developed, so they take Mercury and turn her into Gemini. Gemini does awesome stuff(EVAs, long duration space flight, rendezvous, the list goes on), and then gets canned so NASA can focus on Apollo. Apollo does awesome stuff too(Moon landings, America's First Space Station), but is canned so NASA can build a big reusable space plane. The Shuttle too does awesome things(ISS for one). And now the Shuttles are going though their un-retirement while NASA cooks up it's next big thing. The spacecraft-tans should harbor some ill-will towards NASA for his crap in abandoning them to do something completely different. It's not really his fault, but more of a political tug-of-war he is stuck in; maybe we shouldn't be too hard on him.

What am I saying? HE LET SKYLAB BURN! :chainsaw:*

L-3, on the other hand

What's L-3? Google has some wide ranging results and I never heard of it before.

Seriously though, maybe they should dock together like space-acrobats? That certainly lends itself to the comparison of Blue Danube. Or, otherwise, like space-skydiving, or, even better:
12ea9a42de3dabe4f180e57a10757981.jpg

Space acrobats? Making it almost like ballet would be an idea mostly like that, only ballet is much more restricted by gravity. I remember somebody describing docking as being like ballet. What is the even better part though? If it is a picture it doesn't show up.

I'm not going to quote myself, but I said before that Apollo's swimsuit should be white. I was mistaken; it should be silver. Hope I didn't throw anyone off with that.

*We really shouldn't be too hard on him. He's a hostage of the US political system.

Last edited:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
And to think that I've heard the old "Fly me to the Moon" hundreds of times in Orbiter(its become like "Air on a G string" for me).
That doesn't apply to me I moved the mp3 file. :thumbup:
But I can't seem to add songs to the playlist. :(

Meanwhile on topic.
If we keep thinking of ideas for all of NASA's spacecraft we might give River Crab a heart attack. Can't have that can we? REVIO isn't done. :lol:

Darren

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Meanwhile on topic.
If we keep thinking of ideas for all of NASA's spacecraft we might give River Crab a heart attack. Can't have that can we? REVIO isn't done. :lol:

Darren

I'll stop for a while. We better hope River Crab's heart is in better condition than you think it is, or my next post could be trouble:shifty:.

Good luck to REVIO. :cheers: Hardly anyone wants to visit the inner planets, which is a shame.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Geez, I almost had a heart attack before I realized it wasn't what I thought it was. Don't bring up any more weird docking stuff, could be our downfall.
What, never heard of Kinnikuman? Better go read Orenzi Zerii's other comic...
Space acrobats? Making it almost like ballet would be an idea mostly like that, only ballet is much more restricted by gravity. I remember somebody describing docking as being like ballet.
...Kubrick? :) Or Perseus?
What is the even better part though? If it is a picture it doesn't show up.
Indeed, it's my image embedding fail again...Even better, SYMMETRICAL DOCKING!
What's L-3? Google has some wide ranging results and I never heard of it before.
Soviet 3-part system to get cosmonauts on the Moon, to be launched with the N1 rocket.
That doesn't apply to me I moved the mp3 file.
But I can't seem to add songs to the playlist.
Delete orbitersound_playlist.m3u to put songs in mp3 folder. ;)
Meanwhile on topic.
If we keep thinking of ideas for all of NASA's spacecraft we might give River Crab a heart attack. Can't have that can we? REVIO isn't done.
Glad you've found a use for me. :lol:
Ahem is right! :facts: Check out my sig! (although, I think you meant inner from Earth, so not including Mars?)

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
I'm not here to post new stuff, just replying. In other words River Crab is yours for the next while, Pyro:thumbup:

What, never heard of Kinnikuman?

I heard of it, didn't think it had anything docking related.

Indeed, it's my image embedding fail again...Even better, SYMMETRICAL DOCKING!

Seriously though, docking.... I have a strange foreboding feeling it will destroy us.

Soviet 3-part system to get cosmonauts on the Moon, to be launched with the N1 rocket.

I really should dive in and start reading more about that.

Ahem is right! :facts: Check out my sig! (although, I think you meant inner from Earth, so not including Mars?)

Oops.:embarrassed: I was thinking inner from Earth. I better think more about what I'm saying next time.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
「表情練習・みっちー」

12506010.jpg

(Pixiv link)

Win. :D

I have more stuff, but hold on for that.
Also, Michibiki launches tomorrow, so don't miss it. Unfortunately for me, my time zone puts the launch out of reach of my staying-awake/waking up limits. :(
Thread is here.

打ち上げでがんばれよ!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's Alive!

Wow, it's been that long? I guess this requires some fancy Necropostmancy.

Let's start with this:
xr2mm21awall1.jpg

False coloured to make it more interesting, and has an Orbiting Venus logo. And also important, is that I'm using the gallery now, so I can upload highres wallpapers and stuff. :)

Here is an XR2 descent in similar style, with speedbrake deployed:
xr2msmm23b.jpg

I'll clean this better later, maybe...

I also drew up a few comparisons between XR2 and DGIV, more like the way Frogisis mentioned:

DGIV

Fairly mature, feminine but also muscular
physique (like Liberty Leading

the People)

Inverted triangle/Rectangle
Sizes: ???
Bell-shaped engines and turbopumps = powerful rocket ascent
Strong, can-do attitude; autopilots reduce pilot workload
But, always suboordinate to pilot (only one pilot)
Three-laws safe, and strong with the first law; selfless (ejection)

XR2

Curvy and definitively feminine physique (Syameimaru Aya?)
Hourglass/Triangle
Sizes: ???
Aerospike engines and SCRAMjets = slightly more graceful (but on-the-verge)

flight ascent
Loves to go fast; more dificult than DGIV, although more capable; high

pilot workload
Seat-of-your-pants ride, pilot(s) must manage things (requires two pilots)
Not really safe at all for inexperienced pilots
Don't worry about a style change, though, my cute style is not going away (My sense for cute things is as strong as ever). :p

And finally, here is an attempt at a revised G42. The retexture actually made the design easier. :p I though she should have long sleeves, something about the wings trailing edge shape. But I need to fix those wings, too small and misshapen. And the visor does not work well as eyewear. Izack、説明頂戴よ説明
g42gjk01.jpg

It will definitely change, suggestions are welcome!
And there's more to come!
:cheers:

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

Now with moar Photoshop:
xr2msmm23d.jpg

(fake depth-of-field, surface blur, and false colour.)

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I'm loving the fake colours with the logo, can't wait to see that one when it's finished. That suit keeps reminding me of something, but I can't quite figure out what.

Darren