orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
Repeat here the discussion on the Spiral :tiphat:

This is the model that I am currently building:
spiralv2.jpg

And relative cockpit:
spiralcockpitv2.jpg

General layout with TU50-50
vos21ak9.jpg

I state that I am not a programmer, a designer and an expert on air space dynamic ...and my english is not good :cool:

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

This is the original soviet model:
eposautographe.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

There is already a version made for ORBITER by Sputnik:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1461"]Spiral 1.0[/ame]

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

The model that I'm planning to be a modern version, with current instrumentation, but I also do a version equal to the original model and with the same instrumentation :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Of course everyone can participate with their ideas and advice, even in an active :cheers:

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Layout of cockpit:
ckpitspiral2.jpg

1-Engine level,propellant level..Main,Jet and RCS..and temp level
2-Buttons to activate Wing,Gear,Bay,Hatch,Radiator..or solar panel?,Brake(airbrake)
3-Selector:Trim ind,RCS mode,AF control,Engine control(air engine or space engine)
4-Dysplay to wing and engine status(Wing closed--> air-engine disable-->space-engine enable and reverse)
5-wing load,slip and AOA...deltaglider mode :)

Primary MFD
Secondary MFD
General status: wing open-closed...hatch open-closed ecc.

Hud....​
The main problem for those who pilot the spiral, is that he has a not frontal view during landing, I was thinking to make transparent the HUD so that we can have a front view(EXTERNAL)

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
Awesome! I love Lifting-body-like space planes! We just can't have enough of them :)

And your model just looks awesome! :)

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yeah. I meant that. That looks cool.:thumbup:

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I like it. :thumbup:

I've already downloaded and tested the TU-50\50 on my instal and its fantastic ! Very well done, especially on the cockpit. It's a real joy to fly.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Hud.... The main problem for those who pilot the spiral, is that he has a not frontal view during landing, I was thinking to make transparent the HUD so that we can have a front view(EXTERNAL)
How would they do it IRL? Lean forward and to the side so they could look out the window? Why not define a camera movement so you can do the same thing? (Like in the default Delta-Glider VC, you can "lean" to look out the side windows)

marcogavazzeni

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
It is possible to do, but there would be a frontal view, this model has a flaw ... not free but only the front view side view through the windows during the landing would be very dangerous, you can use CAMERA MFD but I prefer HUD to make the transparent screen to simulate an outside view, I'll just change the property of materials

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You don't need a complete frontal view though, if you have HSI and ILS.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
You don't need a complete frontal view though, if you have HSI and ILS.

Yeah, technicialy you don't evan need to see outside at all to land, it is nice though.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
all of my landings i do visually. the current windows look more spaceworthy though. i think id like a "lean" feature

EDIT: maybe in the free panel put an electronics panel like the DGIV. i loved the added complexity that gave

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That is one ugly baby!

It was nicknamed "Lapot", which means something like "wooden shoe" in russian. :lol: