Status
Not open for further replies.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I agree. If Orbiter would play fair with this, I would even go so far to suggest a modularized VC made of small meshes that we can handle easier.

One mesh per panel would probably be easier to deal with (in the graphics side), and would allow a panel to have more than one version, for example panels O1, O2 and O3 were different between OV-102 and the rest of the fleet.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
One mesh per panel would probably be easier to deal with (in the graphics side), and would allow a panel to have more than one version, for example panels O1, O2 and O3 were different between OV-102 and the rest of the fleet.

Exactly something like that. Also we don't need to worry about all animations, should one panel need editing. Maybe something like grouping the panels by their leading character for smaller numbers.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't affect the orbiter, I don't see a problem.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't affect the orbiter, I don't see a problem.
No it doesn't. The VC meshes are separate from the orbiter. The VC could do with revisit to match the orbiter in terms of accuracy.

Skickat från min SM-T210 via Tapatalk

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is this a to do before or after release ?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
In my mind it could be both, IE we start now and keep working on it as we go and find problems, just like any other part.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

After. In the best case, we get the release ready this month and then decide on what the next version should contain. My final exam in 2015 is just 5 days away... then I should have more time finishing the Centaur stuff for integration into the trunk.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

In my mind it could be both, IE we start now and keep working on it as we go and find problems, just like any other part.

I disagree there. Not that it is not impossible. But I think we should focus on getting the next release done and have capacity also on the GFX end to fix small problems we discover during testing. After we have the release from our bad conscience, we can work on such important things also with a free mind.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is there any way to have an automated release system? I think what scares most end users away is the SVN stuff. If we could implement some sort of system that generates a release package from the trunk every month or so, I think our user base would grow considerably.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Is there any way to have an automated release system? I think what scares most end users away is the SVN stuff. If we could implement some sort of system that generates a release package from the trunk every month or so, I think our user base would grow considerably.

Of course. But the problem is we need a build server for that. A Jenkins installation would just cost time and hardware, but guess what: Somebody would have to get the hardware.

But now, guess what, there is a price that is much higher than just that:

We also have to change the way that we develop. We have to follow more standard processes on the trunk and have to do more on the trunk. And we have to make use of automatic tests to make sure that bad releases are in the best case prevented, should we ever do a human error.

We could of course also just do manual releases - but then we still need somebody who feels responsible for most of the quality assurance work. AND the more streamlined development process as well, to get the features quickly ready for release.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Considering that most of my work is done, I think I could take on the QA job for a while. We just need to agree on the QA rules and guidelines.

lzakelj

Reaction score
But that display, CRT 1, is only driven by IDP 1, which only "sees" the left keyboard, so in IDP 1 displays there should only be a red line (or no line). It's a similar situation with IDP 2, CRT 2 and the right keyboard but, IDP 3 sees both keyboards thus its displays can have both a red line and a yellow line (or one of them or none).
This could be a result of OI-34 changing/upgrading these systems.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Did you change anything? If so, you can undo those changes: right click in the trunk, TortoiseSVN > Revert... > select all and hit OK.

No i havent changed anything. i did the revert on tortoise but no success. I'm at revison 2153.

1>------ Build started: Project: SSUTruck, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: Xenon_Lights, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: ssumeshc, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_MLP, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __DllMainCRTStartup@12
1>D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\Debug\SSUTruck.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
5>------ Build started: Project: Crawler, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
6>------ Build started: Project: SSU_Pad, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>------ Build started: Project: SSU_LCC, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
8>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_Chute, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9>------ Build started: Project: CustomMFD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
10>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_Tank, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4> Creating library .\Debug/Atlantis_MLP.lib and object .\Debug/Atlantis_MLP.exp
2> LINK : ../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.dll not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
7> Creating library ..\..\Modules\SSU_LCC.lib and object ..\..\Modules\SSU_LCC.exp
4> Atlantis_MLP.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\.\..\..\Modules\SSU_MLP.dll
8> Creating library .\Debug/SSUChute.lib and object .\Debug/SSUChute.exp
2> Creating library ../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.lib and object ../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.exp
2>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
6> Creating library .\Debug/SSUPad.lib and object .\Debug/SSUPad.exp
11>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_SRB, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9> Creating library .\Debug/CustomMFD.lib and object .\Debug/CustomMFD.exp
5>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP100D.dll) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR100D.dll) : error LNK2005: _sprintf_s already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(sprintf.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR100D.dll) : error LNK2005: __invalid_parameter already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR100D.dll) : error LNK2005: __CrtDbgReportW already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgrptw.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(typinfo.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::eek:perator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(typinfo.obj)
5> Creating library .\Debug\Crawler/Crawler.lib and object .\Debug\Crawler/Crawler.exp
5>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
5>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
11> Creating library .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_SRB.lib and object .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_SRB.exp
11>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
10> Creating library .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_Tank.lib and object .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_Tank.exp
10>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
2> Xenon_Lights.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.dll
7> SSU_LCC.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_LCC.dll
9> CRT.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\Plugin\CRT.dll
8> Atlantis_Chute.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSUChute.dll
12>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
11> Atlantis_SRB.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_SRB.dll
12> Creating library .\..\..\..\Modules/MG_Atlantis.lib and object .\..\..\..\Modules/MG_Atlantis.exp
12>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
5>../../Modules/SSU_Crawler.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
12>Atlantis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall MechActuator::MechActuator(class AtlantisSubsystemDirector *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,double)" (??0MechActuator@@QAE@PAVAtlantisSubsystemDirector@@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@N@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall Atlantis::Atlantis(void *,int)" (??0Atlantis@@QAE@PAXH@Z)
12>Atlantis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall MechActuator::SetObjectAnim(unsigned int)" (?SetObjectAnim@MechActuator@@QAEXI@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Atlantis::DefineAnimations(void)" (?DefineAnimations@Atlantis@@QAEXXZ)
12>..\..\Modules\SpaceShuttleUltra.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
6> SSU_Pad.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_Pad.dll
10> Atlantis_Tank.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_Tank.dll
========== Build: 9 succeeded, 3 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Considering that most of my work is done, I think I could take on the QA job for a while. We just need to agree on the QA rules and guidelines.

Well, we have no such rules or guidelines yet, so we should define them.

I would say, we should start defining the rules. In Germany, we use such documents which title translate to "test concept" and "test plan" for describing the tests.

Test concept describes how the tests should be designed and which things are to be tested how (automatically, semiautomatically, manually, key user tests, etc).

Test plan describes in detail, how every entity on every abstraction level should get tested. Like from down low on the unit level to top level user acceptance tests (which we here used to call "DaveS counting the nuts and bolts")

I think that the Operational Data Book should play a major role in defining our test targets, but it should not be the fullest error level - often it just means that we are not yet accurate enough, but we have something that can be released.

Also, there should be documents on how to test the scenario files for SSU.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
No i havent changed anything. i did the revert on tortoise but no success. I'm at revison 2153.

1>------ Build started: Project: SSUTruck, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: Xenon_Lights, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: ssumeshc, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_MLP, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __DllMainCRTStartup@12
1>D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\Debug\SSUTruck.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
5>------ Build started: Project: Crawler, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
6>------ Build started: Project: SSU_Pad, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>------ Build started: Project: SSU_LCC, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
8>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_Chute, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9>------ Build started: Project: CustomMFD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
10>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_Tank, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4> Creating library .\Debug/Atlantis_MLP.lib and object .\Debug/Atlantis_MLP.exp
2> LINK : ../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.dll not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
7> Creating library ..\..\Modules\SSU_LCC.lib and object ..\..\Modules\SSU_LCC.exp
4> Atlantis_MLP.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\.\..\..\Modules\SSU_MLP.dll
8> Creating library .\Debug/SSUChute.lib and object .\Debug/SSUChute.exp
2> Creating library ../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.lib and object ../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.exp
2>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
6> Creating library .\Debug/SSUPad.lib and object .\Debug/SSUPad.exp
11>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis_SRB, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9> Creating library .\Debug/CustomMFD.lib and object .\Debug/CustomMFD.exp
5>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP100D.dll) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR100D.dll) : error LNK2005: _sprintf_s already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(sprintf.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR100D.dll) : error LNK2005: __invalid_parameter already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR100D.dll) : error LNK2005: __CrtDbgReportW already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgrptw.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(typinfo.obj)
5>MSVCRTD.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::eek:perator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(typinfo.obj)
5> Creating library .\Debug\Crawler/Crawler.lib and object .\Debug\Crawler/Crawler.exp
5>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
5>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
11> Creating library .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_SRB.lib and object .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_SRB.exp
11>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
10> Creating library .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_Tank.lib and object .\..\..\Modules/Atlantis_Tank.exp
10>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
2> Xenon_Lights.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\../../Modules/SSU_Xenon_Lights.dll
7> SSU_LCC.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_LCC.dll
9> CRT.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\Plugin\CRT.dll
8> Atlantis_Chute.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSUChute.dll
12>------ Build started: Project: Atlantis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
11> Atlantis_SRB.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_SRB.dll
12> Creating library .\..\..\..\Modules/MG_Atlantis.lib and object .\..\..\..\Modules/MG_Atlantis.exp
12>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
5>../../Modules/SSU_Crawler.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
12>Atlantis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall MechActuator::MechActuator(class AtlantisSubsystemDirector *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,double)" (??0MechActuator@@QAE@PAVAtlantisSubsystemDirector@@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@N@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall Atlantis::Atlantis(void *,int)" (??0Atlantis@@QAE@PAXH@Z)
12>Atlantis.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall MechActuator::SetObjectAnim(unsigned int)" (?SetObjectAnim@MechActuator@@QAEXI@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Atlantis::DefineAnimations(void)" (?DefineAnimations@Atlantis@@QAEXXZ)
12>..\..\Modules\SpaceShuttleUltra.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
6> SSU_Pad.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_Pad.dll
10> Atlantis_Tank.vcxproj -> D:\SSU\Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\..\..\Modules\SSU_Tank.dll

A few questions: are you compilling in Debug or Release? Is this the first time you have tried to compile SSU, or have you done it before and it worked? Do other projects compile?

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score

At least the LNK2005 errors are because that part was built with using static libraries and the linker wants to link the dynamic libraries.

Was the whole solution cleaned and rebuilt?

lzakelj

Reaction score
A few questions: are you compilling in Debug or Release? Is this the first time you have tried to compile SSU, or have you done it before and it worked? Do other projects compile?

i'm running in debug mode. I have done the compiling a lot of times before and it worked now all the sudden it wont work. i tryed in relese mode and i get errors

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So, after hours of separating and re-indexing the triangles (the vertices were easy) I finally ended the edit process, and didn't find any "orphan" triangles or vertices, so I'm confident that this "siamese separation surgery" worked perfectly. Another indication of success was that the covers now move independently (see attached image). During/after the Pluto thing today I'll try and click on every single button in the VC to make sure it all works as before (I'm 99.99% sure it will, but it doesn't harm to check).

Attachments

• dragchutecovers.png
    dragchutecovers.png
    54 KB · Views: 215

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
i'm running in debug mode. I have done the compiling a lot of times before and it worked now all the sudden it wont work. i tryed in relese mode and i get errors

Lets start with the Crawler project: can you please post here the contents of Linker > Command Line.
Also, have you done a clean/rebuilt on the whole solution?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

So, after hours of separating and re-indexing the triangles (the vertices were easy) I finally ended the edit process, and didn't find any "orphan" triangles or vertices, so I'm confident that this "siamese separation surgery" worked perfectly. Another indication of success was that the covers now move independently (see attached image). During/after the Pluto thing today I'll try and click on every single button in the VC to make sure it all works as before (I'm 99.99% sure it will, but it doesn't harm to check).

I just cycled every button and can't find anything wrong anywhere, so I'm finished with the VC mesh. Should I post it here for further checks or can I commit it to the trunk?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I just cycled every button and can't find anything wrong anywhere, so I'm finished with the VC mesh. Should I post it here for further checks or can I commit it to the trunk?

Since you are regular contributor (at least more regular than I do), simply commit it to the trunk (or what ever bigger feature branch you have been then), as long as the code does compile properly (and with the necessary files to compile)

The code review and patch approach is for contributors outside the core team. Since the sources are free for all, its no problem to also implement features any programmer would like to see there. But the final word on which features should get into the original vanilla SSU is ours. And we should feel responsible to maintain a clean, stable, reliable SSU, even if we are not implementing all features that we might like in a release. This means more people can use SSU and more people can develop derived works of SSU. And this in turn gives us more options to select features from outside to be included into SSU. Thats the bidirectionality of a good open-source license.

You can't steal our code without we stealing yours back.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
A couple things. Do the startrackers work or is that next release ? Can you stow the SSMEs for orbit and boat tail configs ?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
A couple things. Do the startrackers work or is that next release ? Can you stow the SSMEs for orbit and boat tail configs ?

I think the animation of the star tracker doors is functional, but basically there's nothing to command it, as the motor simulation is maybe half-way done.... IMO, when that gets done, it should be done together with the vent doors.
The SSMEs have a rudimentary ATVC for some time now, allowing pre-launch gimbal check (just the movement, no checks yet), TVC during ascent, post-MECO repositioning, and also center engine lowering at around Mach 8 for drag chute deploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.