Project SSU HI RES Textures

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can send you the source file I am editing if you want
Just send me one of the dds files. I think that's the most simple way and the least error prone.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just send me one of the dds files. I think that's the most simple way and the least error prone.

I ll send them as soon as I ve checked all the areas.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Really like the new Suit in the Shuttle and have you guys done the newer SRB's
What newer SRBs? You mean the 5-segment version? Those were only a concept study, never thought about seriously due to the necessary changes to the vehicle as well as the ground infrastructure at KSC.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What newer SRBs? You mean the 5-segment version? Those were only a concept study, never thought about seriously due to the necessary changes to the vehicle as well as the ground infrastructure at KSC.
I think He is talking a bout the filament wound srb. I think they may have been white in color rather than black/gray

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Nop
SLC6%201986%20SRB%20filament%20mate.jpg

barrygolden

Reaction score
Just spoke with an old Shuttle guy at JSC and was told due to weight only a light clear coat would have been applied

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Just spoke with an old Shuttle guy at JSC and was told due to weight only a light clear coat would have been applied

That doesn't seem clear...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That doesn't seem clear...

Well, how to solve this? The FWC cases of modern ICBMs are also not painted as far as I can tell, so there is no reason to paint them except aesthetics.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Well, how to solve this? The FWC cases of modern ICBMs are also not painted as far as I can tell, so there is no reason to paint them except aesthetics.

They are painted in the photo, and that is not from when the Enterprise was there. :shrug:
It could be from the pad being near the ocean and with all the humidity there... or it could be so the stack looked like the "usual".

barrygolden

Reaction score
Well I like the unpainted look. makes them look different from the other ones. I think the SSU guys used the unpainted ones

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Well I like the unpainted look. makes them look different from the other ones. I think the SSU guys used the unpainted ones
We had them black before, but when that photo showed up we changed them to white.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
They are painted in the photo, and that is not from when the Enterprise was there. :shrug:
It could be from the pad being near the ocean and with all the humidity there... or it could be so the stack looked like the "usual".

Well, that would be rather aesthetics then - the Trident 2 missile is submarine based and still does not use paint on the FW parts.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that SSU 4.2 Photoreal is almost ready to leave the OFP.
Note: I believe these textures are far better than the Fleet ones I made, still due to some mesh limitations and the fact that these are somehow temporary textures (waiting for SSU 5.0 to be realeased) some flaws and errors still persist when it comes to very small details (super high zoom in views).

Some anticipations:

0201.jpg

0160.jpg
disregard the OMS POD (still default one in this shot)

Nose and Cockpit TPS completely re-designed

Need a wingtip Tile repair? Read the serial number and turn it to Huston :lol:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Unfortunately the mesh in the side hatch area still generates this:

0109.jpg

If it's not too much of a trouble maybe it could be fixed

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Unfortunately the mesh in the side hatch area still generates this:

View attachment 15592

If it's not too much of a trouble maybe it could be fixed
I'll take a look at it.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

I am pleased to announce that SSU 4.2 Photoreal is almost ready to leave the OFP.
Note: I believe these textures are far better than the Fleet ones I made, still due to some mesh limitations and the fact that these are somehow temporary textures (waiting for SSU 5.0 to be realeased) some flaws and errors still persist when it comes to very small details (super high zoom in views).

Some anticipations:

View attachment 15590

View attachment 15591
disregard the OMS POD (still default one in this shot)

Nose and Cockpit TPS completely re-designed

Need a wingtip Tile repair? Read the serial number and turn it to Huston :lol:

Is it just me or does midbody labels look a bit squished? Also, there's some critical details missing such as the Flash Evaporator vent#3 on the port side of the aft compartment. Here's an annotated photo of Atlantis that shows some of the various penetrations of the port side of the aft compartment. Another thing that's missing is the TSM T0 umbilical carrier plate foot cavities on both sides. These are the rectangular cavities slightly aft and below the actual carrier plates.

barrygolden

Reaction score
I tried your addon for Atlantis and it messed up the textures what do I do

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Ok I was able to get the textures back

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I tried your addon for Atlantis and it messed up the textures what do I do

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Ok I was able to get the textures back

Those are 8192x8192 terxtures. The inline client cannot handle them (hence your vanilla Shuttle). You need D3D9 in order to use my textures

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Is it just me or does midbody labels look a bit squished?

No it s not you, they were ok in the source file but then they look wrong in the sim. In fact I noticed the original NASA logo looks oval and the labels are also squished vertically.
Fixed