News State of Orbiter Forum, Orbit Hangar Mods

Mythos

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry for not being really up to date here. I just noticed old links to my 2 addons didn't work anymore. Well, I found them here:

They seem to credit me, that looks correct, but the underlying author link results to "Oops!" page. So does the image and the download. So in fact you can't get it right now. I also can't see how I could change the OP, doing updates (not that there is any) and such? If I could, then reupload the zip and the image or sth like that would help? I'm happy to to anything like that, if the automatic migration didn't work. And I totally understand it's run by volunteers, that don't have much time. Thank you for that! :)

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Quoting my request here if you have missed it. I need to update some of these add-ons, particularly the Lunar Gateway add-on.

No, I didn't miss it, I just needed some sleep! I'll get the requests handled soon.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Sorry for not being really up to date here. I just noticed old links to my 2 addons didn't work anymore. Well, I found them here:

They seem to credit me, that looks correct, but the underlying author link results to "Oops!" page. So does the image and the download. So in fact you can't get it right now. I also can't see how I could change the OP, doing updates (not that there is any) and such? If I could, then reupload the zip and the image or sth like that would help? I'm happy to to anything like that, if the automatic migration didn't work. And I totally understand it's run by volunteers, that don't have much time. Thank you for that! :)

Those threads are actually just old threads imported from vBulletin. Your addons themselves are here and here. Because I was doing a lot of importing I had the system for making threads disabled, but what I can do is reassign the first post in the threads you found to you, which gives you the ability to edit them, too.

Mythos

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Those threads are actually just old threads imported from vBulletin. Your addons themselves are here and here. Because I was doing a lot of importing I had the system for making threads disabled, but what I can do is reassign the first post in the threads you found to you, which gives you the ability to edit them, too.
Ah I see. Since I found the threads when doing a search, it would be nice to have a functional download there as well. I can fix that, if you would assign the posts to me. Thanks a lot.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ah I see. Since I found the threads when doing a search, it would be nice to have a functional download there as well. I can fix that, if you would assign the posts to me. Thanks a lot.
They should be assigned to you now, yes

chrival

Reaction score
Sorry, maybe is it a noob question but ... how to do if you want to search for a specific category, but not for a specific addon ?
For example, I want to see what's new in the MFD category ?

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
There isn't really an explicit "MFD" category, but if you just select a category from the list, the addons for that are shown newest first.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Dear O-F team members. You are doing a great job with the unification of OrbitHangarMods and Orbiter Forum. Perhaps it will cost me to get used to it, but I have no doubt that the change is being made for the better and for the future of the project.
Anyway, we will miss you OrbitHangarMods.
OHM.png
2003-2022

Let's look forward to the future. Long live the Probe, Orbiter and his community! :cheers: :hailprobe:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Is it planned to enable old OHM URLs to work in OF?
example: https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6987

My orbiter fansite contains dozens of these links, so I'd like to know if I need to replace them with new ones.
Fixed!
We only redirected the showAddon and showid paths, not searchid. Now that's handled as well.

I'd still suggest to update the urls, but that's up to you.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, they got re-encoded to UTF-8 as they were brought over (along with a load of other things like HTML to BBCode translation and base64 image decoding (seriously, who decided putting base64 images in there was a good idea?!)), I think those characters are a side effect of those processes.

Not actually sure what we'd do about fixing it, tbh.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Manual fix sounds best. The update query to fix those sounds scary.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Manual fix sounds best. The update query to fix those sounds scary.

We'll just run a massive regex replacement across the entire database, what could go wrong?