Question Suggestion for a comic panel: Probe Marines

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Some of you here may or may not be familiar with Warhammer 40,000, but just before I went to bed last night, I had an idea.

Recently, I've gotten back into sketching. I am still at a beginner level, but I've drastically improved from what I used to do. After reading Mojoey's latest blog entry, I've decided I wanted to draw a Probe related W40K comic strip. However I am stuck. I can't decide how these "Probe Marines" would behave.

Here is what I'm deciding between:

Imperium of Man Style:
Average Space Marine, devoted to a particular cause (See: Grey Knights, Daemonhunters ). Probe Marines in this case would be something like Techpreists, who, fundamentally, worship an alternate god besides the God Emperor of Man, but that is overlooked because of their particular skills. Their appearance is normal (by Space Marine Standards) and they wear no embellishments besides their gear.
Space_Marines_codex_cover.jpg

250px-Space_marines_deployments.jpg

Chaos Style
When Space Marines are corrupted by Chaos, they develop a zealous following to the particular deity that corrupted them. In this case, their bodies are corrupted totally, making them disfigured and horrifying to look upon. However, this also grants them vast bonuses, and makes some of them (like Plague Marines) immune to pain and certain other conditions. In this case, the Probe would turn them so that their only thoughts are to Orbiter/Space in general, with a more deranged twist.

250px-Alpha_Legion_Traitor_Marine.jpg

280px-Noise_Marine_2.jpg

Over-Exaggerated Imperium of Man
Take the zealous devotion of the God Emperor, amplify it a few times, and turn that to the Probe. This is the final Idea I had. Good intentions, with zany qualities. The only example I can think of this, is the homebrew chapter from /tg/ (which I one day hope to have) called the Angry Marines.
angry-marines.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

Suggestions appreciated.

APDAF

Reaction score
Imperium of Man style.

Blood ravens or Space Wolves are preferred suggestions.