The Seeker
Reaction score
We shall only let our kids use the laptop outside! Problem solved :p

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Damn thats why my eyes are so bad... I shoud go out with my scope now, point it to the sun and see if it get's better :lol:.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I think it's just another myth like direct sunlight on our skin does liberate happiness hormones.

I sit in front of a computer for several hours daily for almost 16 years now, since I was about 13 years old. I don't like to be in direct sunlight for as long as I can remember. But my eyes are still perfect.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think it's just another myth like direct sunlight on our skin does liberate happiness hormones.

Actually, this is no myth, at least not completely. It sounds common to the observation, that daylight makes you produce more Serotonin, which is helping against winter depressions. Sunlight literally makes you happy and more active, but not by intensity, but by duration.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Wow. Ok, tomorrow I'll go out and stare at the sun for an hour - that will make up for the time I should have been outside won't it?! :lol:

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Actually, this is no myth, at least not completely. It sounds common to the observation, that daylight makes you produce more Serotonin, which is helping against winter depressions. Sunlight literally makes you happy and more active, but not by intensity, but by duration.

Yes, daylight, but not direct sunlight. Direct sunlight on our skin, or even sunbathing, actually is useless although it feels fine (for some people, I don't like direct sunlight). And too much direct sunlight (sunbathing) is contraproductive for our immune system anyway.

And I think that it is not missing sunlight which causes winter depressions for some humans (not all). It's the attitude. I really like the winter and the less intensive daylight. For me the winter is way more agreeable and less annoying than the summer, which does not make me any happier than the winter. What makes me really feel nice is a kind of British weather: cloudy/dark and wet. No joke :)

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wow. It's ALMOST a German-only discussion.

I sit in front of a computer for several hours daily for almost 16 years now, since I was about 13 years old. I don't like to be in direct sunlight for as long as I can remember. But my eyes are still perfect.
Same for me, except for me it's 13 years instead of 16 years. And, I actually like direct sunlight, but I hate sun-burn, and I usually avoid it completely. And I like my computer more than I like sunlight, and my laptop's screen is not bright enough to compete with outdoor light.

I don't think it's a myth though, but it is only a statistical fact. And we're the exceptions.

What makes me really feel nice is a kind of British weather: cloudy/dark and wet. No joke
???
Let me guess... black is your favorite color, and you like the atmosphere of graveyards... not?

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Let me guess... black is your favorite color, and you like the atmosphere of graveyards... not?

Black yes, graveyards no. I like black clothes, because you don't have to be choosy and you can wear it almost all the times. I also like black hair (and dark blue eyes) which I have.

Grey clothes already is too colorful in my point of view :lol: