Discussion Surface Base Building Blocks

rodion_herrera

Moonwatcher
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
astronomicalsolutions.com
I've been browsing around OrbitHangar lately and I noticed that, apart from Greg Burch's neat (Orbital) Station Building Blocks, there seems to be no decent "surface base" building blocks equivalent, at least in quality of module mesh/textures. I am aware of the appeal of having the ability to build your own orbital station from scratch by hauling them up to a planetary/moon orbit and carefully assembling them there. But do you think there would be enough demand for a "surface base building blocks" set? If so, can we start a list of features perhaps, that should be available in such an addon? Or is there a similar project already in the works?

The kind I envision would basically rely on large-capacity freighters like the XR5 Vanguard or Greg's Big Spaceplane or UCGO-related addons, but it has to be flexible enough so that even smaller unmanned craft addons can also carry individual modules/parts.

UPDATE: Well I eventually found one at OrbitHangar, Momo and Jekka's HLV: Lunar Base v1.2a. I will try it first to see if it's worth to "update" it or perhaps make a more enhanced one.

hlv6.JPG

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3929"]HLV - Lunar base v1.2a[/ame]

Also, my idea for modules is that they are universal and can be used on any rocky world (i.e. moon, Mars, Venus, Ceres, Callisto, etc.), and not only the moon.

-RODION

Last edited: