Tell us about yourself!

patman

Reaction score
Hello all. Have used Orbiter over the years but just decided to reinstall the newest version and reintroduce myself to it.

Henryv1598

Reaction score
I've been playing around with this sim for years now. I enjoy watching how this system develops over time.

sleepymilky

dumb furry
Reaction score
So it seems like I have to post something to download Altea's mods.
I'm shadow, I started playing Orbiter in 2018 when my interest in spaceflight grew. And here I am, five years later, still playing Orbiter actively and I'm really excited for a new version! (Maybe Orbiter 2023? Who knows :p)

SHRMark

Reaction score
Hi all, been using Orbiter for some time now and great to be a part of the community.

*chloe*

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Getting back to Orbiter after a while and posting mainly for the mods ;)

Adama0625

Reaction score
Happy New Year all!

I used to use Orbiter regularly and now I've decided to get back into it in lieu of a better "mainstream" alternative!

Kpax

Reaction score
Hello and Happy New Year :)
I return to Orbiter after 10 years, ready to go back to the stars !

DiTRay

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! ✌️

I discovered Orbiter 2016 a couple of years ago and the precision of the physics simulation just blew my mind after I used Space Engine. Obviously, SE is a different thing in all aspects but I am more of a "flying" than "observing" person.

Now I'm just reinstalling Orbiter to a new machine, and here we go... Jarmonik's D3D9 client website is not a thing anymore and Altea's addons are closed. Did I miss something since the summer of 2022?.. :eek:

BTW, Happy Holidays! 🎄

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Hello, everyone! ✌️

I discovered Orbiter 2016 a couple of years ago and the precision of the physics simulation just blew my mind after I used Space Engine. Obviously, SE is a different thing in all aspects but I am more of a "flying" than "observing" person.

Now I'm just reinstalling Orbiter to a new machine, and here we go... Jarmonik's D3D9 client website is not a thing anymore and Altea's addons are closed. Did I miss something since the summer of 2022?.. :eek:

BTW, Happy Holidays! 🎄
Welcome!
The add-ons are re-uploaded here: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/resources/ :)

DiTRay

Reaction score
Welcome!
The add-ons are re-uploaded here: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/resources/ :)
Thank you so much! :) Looks like I’m getting used to the way everything is organised here.

Just wondering, what was the reason to gather most of Orbiter resources here in one place? Is it somewhat related to the fact that the Sim became an open source project?

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
We've always had OrbitHangarMods (OHM), an old PHP web application where users could upload their add-ons. Some years ago we started development of a new system since OHM was aging. At the same time we were migrating to a new forum system. It turned out that we could install an add-on to this system that effectively enabled us to provide OHM like functionality within the forum itself. So we migrated everything from the old OHM to the forum and here we are :)

mio

Reaction score
Hello, wanting to download Altea Aerospace vessels made me register and post here. I am an occasional user of Orbiter, since I only have a very old computer, which is not capable of running it properly, but i still keep coming back to it at times.

Jopper

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I remember messing around in Orbiter many years ago and now I am revisiting after many hours of flight sims and a renewed enthusiasm for astronomy :D

Last edited:

Lumens

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Max, brand new user of this forum and orbiter in general.

40 yo, French, risk manager and father of a 18 mo baby, can't wait to show her space with orbiter, or with a telescope ;)

I started spaces adventures with Kerbal Space Program, but wanted to try something different, so here I am...

lippifax

Reaction score
Hi

I'm Manuel from Austria and after many years of not playing it, i thought about giving it another try :)

Hopefully i can get the Joystick up and running.

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi there,

I'm Max, brand new user of this forum and orbiter in general.

40 yo, French, risk manager and father of a 18 mo baby, can't wait to show her space with orbiter, or with a telescope ;)

I started spaces adventures with Kerbal Space Program, but wanted to try something different, so here I am...
Hi Lumens... I'm french and I live in Bordeaux... :salute: :cheers:

From time to time visit us here :
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/
(forum francophone très sympa) ;)

Simpe

Reaction score
Back in the simulator after years, now getting reaqcuainted with the Ravenstar.