Announcement Tex Steps Down / Forum Ownership Change

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You did excellent work and this forum has always be extremely well managed. Now I fully understand it certainly was a lot of work during those 4 years, so you've more than successfully made your tour of duty :salute: ;)

I'm also confident that there are very competent people in the red and blue teams, and Martins owning the forum is something interesting too, so I'm not afraid for the future of the forum. :hailprobe:

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
4 Years running a forum as site owner, I don't know how you survives that but I respect that what you did for O-F.

Very thanks and good luck Tex, we go miss you in red. :salute:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, Tex, thanks for the ride so far. Good tides and following seas for your future endeavours. If you put into them the same effort you have put on O-F, we'll be hearing about them.:thumbup:

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
Best administrator, are you. At life, wish you may be best at. May the force be with you, Master.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I bet this place turns into a free-for-all!

Nope. Something tells me Gary will keep order around here ;)

Besides, Tex is still webmaster and probably still has a lot of influence on forum operations, somewhat.

Last edited:

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Mr Tex/Blake sir, good luck and thanks. This is by the far the most most organized and welcoming forum on the net, and while obviously the actual forum users have a big impact on what a forum's like, the marshalling and creation of the environment can so much make it or break it!

Thank you, and have a load of these :cheers: and 21 o' these :hunter:!

And to the new guys taking over the asylum... :lol:

God speed the OrbiterForum, see you on the surface!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'd just like to say, with utmost sincerity, thank you for creating this forum and making it what it is today. Though not the only forum I am a member of, it is the only one on which I am active. I spend more time on O-F in a day than on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ combined. You will be missed, that is definite, but you have to follow your passions in life, regardless of the different directions they may take you. Godspeed, my friend. Live long and prosper.

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." - Sidney Carton from A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
I'm fairly new around here, so I'm not as familiar with everyone as most of the others. But everyone seems to like how you've run this place for so long, and I have too (for the short time I've been here :lol:).

So, thanks for creating this place, and good luck. :cheers:

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Thanks for all your hard work these last four years, Tex! It's much appreciated.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Four years is quite a long time in dedicating to hosting and moderating a forum, and I definitely understand your decision. Thanks for your dedication to the Orbiter simulator community, and take your spare time in the things you love! :cheers:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thank you so much everyone for your extremely kind words and support! It makes me very happy to see how much you guys enjoy the forum, and although I never made addons for Orbiter, I'm thrilled that I was able to contribute to the community via this forum. While I originally set things up, we would not have had the same success without the support of you all, Martin, and of course our staff members. :cheers:

May we all live long and prosper! :tiphat:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Tex, if you bring the same initiative and level-headedness to every other endeavor you face in life that you brought to this forum, you are going to go far indeed.

:tiphat:

Thanks for stepping up when the community needed it!

Happy biking!

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
A huge thanks to Tex for having dedicated a considerable part of his spare time over the last four years to keeping this forum running smoothly. I know I have some very big shoes to fill as forum owner, but I'll give it my best shot :).

Tex has managed to assemble a very capable bunch of administrators and moderators, and since the members of this forum are used to converse in a civilised and friendly manner (helped by the rare nudge from a moderator when discussions get over-enthusiastic :thumbup:), I hope that things will proceed very much as before. Everyone's cooperation is encouragaged (and franky, expected :tiphat:).

Tex, I wish you all the best for your new endeavours, and hope you will stick around this place for a long time to come.

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Thank you Tex for the wonderful space you have created for this amazing community.

Your often down to earth, and well thought out discussions on the staff forum will be sorely missed.

I hope you have an amazing time with your marathon, bike riding and house renovations. Keep it up!