Thank YOU: My Book Release

Allan

Reaction score
I promised to let all of you know when my book was finished.

many thanks to the people of Orbiter Forum! :tiphat:

After 2+ years I've finally finished my book and its been published on Amazon. I've gotten 3 good reviews so far.

Feel free to check it out and even read a sample (roughly 5 chapters). You are not obligated to buy anything, I'm just proud to share the accomplishment and wanted to thank those who helped me get there.

Shadows Live Under Seashells. <<<- Click the link :)
Allan

PS
Please tell a friend and pass the link. I'm trying to climb to the top 100 from the ranking of 281,818 in Amazon's book stack.
Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
You sir, are a genius. This book, rather preview I read, was fantastic. Do write another.

Allan

Reaction score
Thanks for the kudo's. Genuis? Hardly, I just have a good imagination and enough sense to seek out people, like the folks at Orbiter-Forum, to keep my imagination relatively grounded in fact.

I have to admit though, I do worry that if someone here reads the entire story, I'll get blasted for the science/physics liberties I took. But, I did try to keep the speculation as realistic as possible.

Thanks again!

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
I would gladly buy if there is a printed edition,but we don't have kindle or other ebook reader avaliable here in my country :D

Allan

Reaction score
I would gladly buy if there is a printed edition,but we don't have kindle or other ebook reader avaliable here in my country :D

Thank you for your interest. I'm currently working on a print-on demand option for my novel I'll post the link to this thread once its established. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I want to read this book.Not put this book on http://www.scribd.com/?

At this time and for at least another 90 days, I have given Amazon exclusive rights to the eBook publication of my book. I am looking into a print-on-demand solution if a paper back is more to your liking.

Should you decide to purchase the book via Amazon, the only place it is available right now, and its format does not comply with your e-reader, let me know (this forum or via email, with the receipt #) and I'll do my best to format the story in a format agreeable to your device.

I do appareciate your interest in my story. Thank you.

Allan

Reaction score
So far, in slightly over two weeks, my book on Amazon has sold quite well and reveived 3 5 star ratings. Although my ego is drinking this in, I understand that some of the credit belongs to you guys..again, thanks!

Lastly, Tuesday August 28th and Wednesday August 29th are two promotional days where you can download the ebook from amazon for free. I do hope some of you take advantage of the offer AND offer feedback.

Again, Thank you guys for allowing me to pick you brains (and then explaining to me, in a few instances, what it was that I picked). :) Hope you enjoy the book (Orbiter is in my acknowledgements)

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, I remember you talking about this way back! Fantastic to see it come all the way through like this; congratulations! :)

SHADO

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Will look forward to reading your book.

Is it likely to be published in any other formats?

Will send the link to my friends.

:salute:

Allan

Reaction score
Will look forward to reading your book.

Is it likely to be published in any other formats?

Will send the link to my friends.

:salute:

Eventaully, I'm hoping to have a paperback ediition made. I'm jus trying to find the most cost effective way to do this without each book being 15+ dollars.

Allan

Reaction score
Well, epub would be readable by almost any device, including Kindle.

True, but for now, because of the progam I'm enrolled in on Amazon, I cannot distribute the story electronically outside their website. For at least the next 90 days I'm committed to Amazon, their format, and their rules. I'm pretty sure there are converters out there.