The Ewoks Are Dead. All of them.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The destruction of the reactor caused the artificial satellite to be destroyed within a second. This means that large chunks of metallic debris would have been ejected at 354,000 kilometers per hour (220,000 miles per hour) – six times quicker than humanity’s fastest spacecraft. “The energy carried by the debris would not be enough to destroy the moon,” Matija Cuk, an orbital dynamics researcher, told Tech Insider, “but it would heavily erode the side facing the Death Star.”

http://www.iflscience.com/space/death-star-iis-destruction-may-have-doomed-ewoks-say-scientists/

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What the .......

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
RIP

latest

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
We don't speak of the Endor Holocaust.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And I guess the thing would release a very nasty blast of gamma or even x-rays. :eek:h:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, that's one way for the Ewoks to die, but in xkcd style, can we come up with a few more ways for them to go? :p:lol:

I'll put my money down on a gamma ray burst that happens when releasing planet-destroying level of energy, when blowing up the death star :lol:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
That would be the humane way to go. Instant death. Those on the far side would suffer longer before dying.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I did some quick calculations:

The energy required to coalesce a ball of material that's uniform in density with properties of Earth is something like 2 * 10^32.

The energy released in Earth's formation is higher, because the denser materials sunk into the core while lighter ones floated up. So if you want to blow up Earth (or Alderaan), you'll need to put in at least that much energy. Let's call it 10^33 J.

But you wouldn't build a Death Star just to blow up one planet! You'd build it so that it could blow up multiple ones! Like 10 :p

So let's give it an energy content of 10^34 J.

So when the death star blows up and all that energy just goes off, what temperatures would it attain?

Well, I don't know what it's made of, but if we assume a solid sphere of 170 km, made of iron, that energy is already enough to heat it up to 100 billion Kelvin!

You can get gamma rays easily from 10 billion Kelvin up, so this one would be quite spectacular. When 500 km from the surface of the planet, it'd be quite the bang :p

Don't you just love the science behind killing Ewoks? :lol:

But look at the bright side! It's not just the Ewoks! Everyone on Yavin IV is dead as well!

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I always wondered what George Lucas was smoking when he made a bunch of small furry teddy bears 2000 years behind the Empire in technology be able to wipe out <Emperor-Palpatine>"an entire legion of my best troops"<Emperor-Palpatine> using slings and makeshift bows and arrows. Stormtroopers really must be the most incompetent army in the universe.

It's even odder when you watch how bad-ass the clone army was in Episode 3 and then watch the utterly useless stormtroopers in Episode 6. Supposedly they are all from the same clone army, yet the difference in their competence could not be more blatant. :lol:

Oh well, at least there is Episode 7. :thumbup:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Supposedly they are all from the same clone army, yet the difference in their competence could not be more blatant.
No, the Clone Army was phased out and replaced with ordinary Imperial citizens at the beginning of the Empire. This is due to the degeneration of the Jango Fett base DNA used to create the clones. Not even the armor is the same (Gen 1 Clone armor protects much better than late gen Storm Trooper armor).

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The storm trooper armor looks like plastic. :rolleyes:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
No, the Clone Army was phased out and replaced with ordinary Imperial citizens at the beginning of the Empire. This is due to the degeneration of the Jango Fett base DNA used to create the clones. Not even the armor is the same (Gen 1 Clone armor protects much better than late gen Storm Trooper armor).

Hard times and a lack of your faith in the Force has resulted in your departmental budget being "smartsized" by 15%.

You will maintain a higher standard of efficiency. There is no acceptable alternative.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here's a clip of the now former Clone Captain Rex (CC-7567) complaining on the Storm Trooper armor:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I thought Star Wars was fiction?

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter