Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Musics are great ;)

I've finally made a Constellation-like mission to the Mun and back, but with some obstacles ... Videos coming, of course !

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Although I won't buy this game in the near-future, I am glad that this game is opening people up to learning about orbital mechanics and spaceflight.

Mad Jack Wolfe

Reaction score
Website
www.jw.org
Holy cats, is this game addictive! It's a real blast to play, figuratively and literally. Really, you should see the debris field around my launch pad... :yes:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Just a small bump to let everyone know we've just released a new demo version:

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/download.php

This demo is based off the latest full release, minus of course, a great deal of content and features. Hopefully it'll give everyone a better idea of what KSP is all about (our old demo was hardly the same game at this point).

Cheers

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the 18.4 full release soon! :)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the 18.4 full release soon! :)

IIRC, they're going from .18.3 to .19.0, though I think Harv is a better authority on this than I am.

EDIT: My apologies. 18.4 is next, see below.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The latest dev blog post says 18.4

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
IIRC, they're going from .18.3 to .19.0, though I think Harv is a better authority on this than I am.

0.18.4 is the full release version of the demo that incorporates Unity 4. 0.19 will be a feature release with all sorts of new goodies to play around with. :)

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Just a small bump to let everyone know we've just released a new demo version...
Thanks HarvesteR!
As a little heads-up, your download page says new demo is based on 0.18.3, while your forum and devblog say 0.18.2.

:cheers:

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
0.18.4 is the full release version of the demo that incorporates Unity 4. 0.19 will be a feature release with all sorts of new goodies to play around with. :)

0.18.3 is the new demo. 0.18.4 is the newest release of the paid version, and includes Unity 4 plus a few tweaks.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Aside from performance benefits, what else is there to Unity 4 that could help KSP?

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Aside from performance benefits, what else is there to Unity 4 {...}?
There's for example Linux support (but I don't know how it could help KSP more than extending it to another platform :p).

Dobrodav

Reaction score
KSP is great in the way, how its attract peoples to the theme of space exploration. Their designers wisely pick up some fantastic space system, to attract people to the real problems of the space exploration.

Well, it may be seemed that KSP is a rival of orbiter , but its not, in any reasonable meanings. Orbiter is much closer to our solar system. KSP gives basics of orbital maneuvering in very obvious way (and Orbital not intended to do so). Orbiter requires a lots of skills to desin a mod craft, and KSP requires much less of them, serving as introduction in modding and engineering.

KSP still needs some carefully designed campaign mode, that will provide learning curve and historical oversightof space exploration. But that is easy to believe, that authors would mnged that task with grace. And if not - Hey !- There is hundreds of modders to help them.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
KSP is great in the way, how its attract peoples to the theme of space exploration. Their designers wisely pick up some fantastic space system, to attract people to the real problems of the space exploration.

Well, it may be seemed that KSP is a rival of orbiter , but its not, in any reasonable meanings. Orbiter is much closer to our solar system. KSP gives basics of orbital maneuvering in very obvious way (and Orbital not intended to do so). Orbiter requires a lots of skills to desin a mod craft, and KSP requires much less of them, serving as introduction in modding and engineering.

KSP still needs some carefully designed campaign mode, that will provide learning curve and historical oversightof space exploration. But that is easy to believe, that authors would mnged that task with grace. And if not - Hey !- There is hundreds of modders to help them.

True, KSP is a pretty cool program, & it really is a good platform to learn the ropes of spaceflight on, but I wouldnt say its that great. To quote a mister Spock on the subject, its sometimes better to want things than to have them. Orbiter might not have all of the bells & whistles KSP has, but everytime you fire it up, what you do with it is completely up to you.

Glad to hear you like it though :)

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Two comm-sats in Molniya orbits. I'm in the process of synchronizing them.

vFMto3Y.jpg

Ark

Reaction score
Man, this thing really needs an equivalent to IMFD.

Gr_Chris_pilot

DGIV Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Wow very cool effect. All that tumbling makes me cringe though

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
The first rocket i build and launch to test the entry effects, I put it in orbit by mistake :facepalm: with out any method of getting it down.
I'm rather surprised that it got into orbit with 8 parts...