Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

malisle

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I already know that it is possible in KSP. My question was asking about whether the same thing was also possible in Orbiter, and how exactly did it work, in response to this post:

Install SSU - one of the included scenarios within SSRMS folder was prepared to demonstrate child->parent switching on the Canadarm2. That enables you to move Canadarm2 very easily across the station (it also has inverse kinematics).

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Best KSP quote this week:
nerdcubed said:
If you like it then you shoulda put a strut on it.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
At least post the source :p

I would if I thought it was worth watching, but I don't like his KSP videos. I prefer watching people do stuff that they're good at. Dan is good at quite a few things but KSP is not among them. That line was the highpoint of the video. If you want KSP madness I recommend Danny2462.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This is episode 03 of "Project Alexandria," which features recreations of historic spaceflight missions in the Real Solar System mod.

Just look at how much detail is put into this!

I also did an asteroid retrieval mission.

PNCZTuE.png

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have to try out this mod!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Smart Parts? Well, I didn't watch the embedded video, but It's quite useful for automatic staging (of spent stages) or if you need to vent fuel before reentry. I haven't used timers or fuel breakers much (only tested how they work some half of year ago).

The "KM_Stager" (in old versions) or "Stager" (in new versions) module from it is quite useful when added via ModuleManger to all fuel tanks (you can enable detection per tank by right clicking or with action group). I'm not sure if it's already working fine in the current version, but the last time I played with it, it was the best to enable the empty tank detection already on the launchpad (e.g. with action group) instead of the VAB, because otherwise the staging wasn't triggered.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
KSP 1.0 is entering experimentals now.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I still haven't touched 0.9. 'Invalid Token' when trying to download, no available fix. Apparently has something to do with trying from a satellite connection. Reeeeally should have gone for the Steam version.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I still haven't touched 0.9. 'Invalid Token' when trying to download, no available fix. Apparently has something to do with trying from a satellite connection. Reeeeally should have gone for the Steam version.
So transfer to Steam! No down-side in my mind.
Edit: I didn't realize they excluded purchases after the Steam release. Makes sense.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

KSP 1.0 is entering experimentals now.
*salivates*

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So transfer to Steam! No down-side in my mind.
Edit: I didn't realize they excluded purchases after the Steam release. Makes sense.

My reasoning was that I didn't want to use vanilla KSP and didn't want mods breaking every release, so I'd copy the directory and run it separate from Steam, thus no need to get it there. Wasn't counting on certain Internet service providers not being supported by the KSP online store (who would??)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
My reasoning was that I didn't want to use vanilla KSP and didn't want mods breaking every release, so I'd copy the directory and run it separate from Steam, thus no need to get it there. Wasn't counting on certain Internet service providers not being supported by the KSP online store (who would??)

That's an issue I'd bring up with Squad Support, or at the very least make a quick jaunt to your nearest Timmy's (They have wifi, right?) and download it onto a netbook or something and transfer it over via USB cable.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So 64 bit is gone in .90 now? I knew it wasn't going to be supported in the future, but Steam just up and deleted it without warning.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Yep, apparently an update was pushed since it is unusable now and I guess they were being swamped by bug reports for it.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
So 64 bit is gone in .90 now?
Only if you use Windows version of the game. :p

It's gone not only there but in any earlier version it was available (e.g. 0.25 which is in the 'previous' branch). The Steam depot 220204 which was used for the 64-bit Windows build has been removed (not simply removed from the end user subscription packages or its manifest id zeroed for the public branch, which would do the same thing, but without removing the file depot).

HarvesteR

Reaction score
I removed the x64 branch off Steam to avoid confusion. The win64 build was outdated and unstable, so we decided to take it down for the time being.

x64 is now on the backburner until a stable version comes along... That's not up to us though, so we can do nothing more than wait and see.

Cheers

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I removed the x64 branch off Steam to avoid confusion. The win64 build was outdated and unstable, so we decided to take it down for the time being.

x64 is now on the backburner until a stable version comes along... That's not up to us though, so we can do nothing more than wait and see.

Cheers
Ok, just making sure it was intentional, and not Steam being...Steam. :tiphat:

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hey, Harv, I know I posted this elsewhere, but thought I should link it here. They're using Kerbal to report news now!

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Harv this is FLIGHT. No go on getting rid of the Doughnut. My controllers are saying we need the Doughnut.