The twilight craze.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It seems pretty risky for me to be in this topic on a school computer in the library. It's only a matter of time before a Twilight fangirl sees what the discussion is about and whacks me on the back of the *ow*

I know the feeling. When I was a little older than you, the fastest and most assured way to commit suicide (albeit not the less painful) was to get near enough a group of girls and say something insulting about Simon LeBon or Tony Hadley. :lol:

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the Emo craze is to blame. Anything dark with a bit of love in it catches on straight away. "The nightmare before Christmas", for example, started selling loads of merchandise more than 10 years after it's release in 1993 - just when the emo cliche was starting.

As for the soundtrack, Paramore's old stuff was much better ;)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It seems pretty risky for me to be in this topic on a school computer in the library. It's only a matter of time before a Twilight fangirl sees what the discussion is about and whacks me on the back of the *ow*
Great way to meet chicks. Just tell them you were trying to defend Twilight's virtue against those who sought to tarnish it.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Great way to meet chicks. Just tell them you were trying to defend Twilight's virtue against those who sought to tarnish it.

We nerds we can't get girls don't you know. :p
In the eyes of 14 year old Teenage girls at least.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
We nerds we can't get girls don't you know. :p
In the eyes of 14 year old Teenage girls at least.
I did fairly well with that, and I was definitely in the "nerd" category.

Just stay away from the desperate/clingy ones. Find the nerdy girls. They exist.

Master of Blades

Reaction score
Kids are stupid and dumbed down. They don't read the classics and watch too much TV. They are a doomed generation. They will reap what they sow. Twilight is garbage pure and simple.

"Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it." - Eric Arthur Blair (AKA George Orwell)

Ark

Reaction score
"Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it." - Eric Arthur Blair (AKA George Orwell)

I love Orwell, he just summed up my complete feelings on the generational superiority crap.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No, Japanese are different. They've got giant robots, magical idols and superhero schoolgirls.
And tentacle monsters which are after the schoolgirls.