To all add on developers......

Genius

Reaction score
It is a long time now that I run the Orbiter simulation. I really love this sim. It is so flexible. And Dr Martins was very generous to make it free for all to use.
I remember the first time I found the Orbiter site. I was google for a better sim than microsoft space sim. When it come with the hit "Orbiter space sim, a FREE space sim" I was very sceptic about the "free" portion of the sentence. I wait for the page to download. ( I had a dailup connection at that time.):mad:I went to the download section, expected at any time to be notified to get my credit card ready. And sure, beyond my believe, it was truly free. I painstakinly download the files. And when everything was setup, my jaw drop to the floor. I could not believe my eyes.
But as good as Orbiter is, it would soon become very boring to run.

And that is where the add on people plays a important role. Without all the people out there creating add ons for Orbiter, it would be very boring very soon.
I realized that it take a lot of time and a good deal of frustation to make these add ons. But there efforts is noticed by me all the time. ALL of the add ons, how small, is very important for Orbiter. I am not going to fall in a trap to classify a particular add on as the best. They ALL are the best.;)

So allow me to say thanks to all the add on developers who create something special for us.:cheers:
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!:speakcool:
By the way, a big Thanks to Dr Martin too.....:)

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
It is a long time now that I run the Orbiter simulation. I really love this sim. It is so flexible. And Dr Martins was very generous to make it free for all to use.
I remember the first time I found the Orbiter site. I was google for a better sim than microsoft space sim. When it come with the hit "Orbiter space sim, a FREE space sim" I was very sceptic about the "free" portion of the sentence. I wait for the page to download. ( I had a dailup connection at that time.):mad:I went to the download section, expected at any time to be notified to get my credit card ready. And sure, beyond my believe, it was truly free. I painstakinly download the files. And when everything was setup, my jaw drop to the floor. I could not believe my eyes.

And that is where the add on people plays a important role. Without all the people out there creating add ons for Orbiter, it would be very boring very soon.
I realized that it take a lot of time and a good deal of frustation to make these add ons. But there efforts is noticed by me all the time. ALL of the add ons, how small, is very important for Orbiter. I am not going to fall in a trap to classify a particular add on as the best. They ALL are the best.;)

So allow me to say thanks to all the add on developrers who create something special for us.:cheers:

Thats my thoughts exactly :lol:

Without add-on developers, all the work Martin has done would be less than complete. (Its still not complete because Orbiter continues developing, and developers keep making addons)
And without Martin, all the add-ons developers wouldnt have this beautiful piece of software to make their space dreams come true, and to keep learning through experience.

Sorry I cant let go a opportunity to be thankful :cheers:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I thank the developers for inspiring me to do something other than just sit on my butt and wait for someone else to build me what I wanted. If you really want something space-related, build it yourself! You can learn, you just have to want it. Nobody else will build exactly what you want the way you want it, although if you're nice they might help you along.

orwellkid

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow.

Comments like these cause me to double my efforts, and feel ashamed for being inactive in the development scene for so long!

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
The good news is that you may become a developer too.
So when you are done with Orbiter and played everything you could, you may become a developer.

Where do you start? Here...
http://www.orbitersim.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4531
After that, you may try this
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2733"]Tutorial: How to create surface bases[/ame]
And once you are familiar with the concepts, you may try downloading this
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2796"]Surface base wizard 1.3b[/ame]
and this
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2735"]Tutorial: How to make scenarios for Orbiter v1.5[/ame]
You also may go to the SDK forum here and you may find extra info...

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Genius,

It certainly works both ways, doesn't it? Without users, what need for developers? Without developers, what need for users?

Thanks for the kind words, and I'd like to offer up the same - again in both directions. Thanks to the developers for inspiring me to try it, too. To the users who've downloaded my work - thanks for showing me that it's really worthwhile.

Cheers

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I used to had Activision's Space for Atari 2600.
I was looking for a ROM and emulator for my PC since my TV has not the connection for Atari, and I found Orbiter... far more than I asked for.
It was plain great... I could not believe that...

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
genius said:

So allow me to say thanks to all the add on developers who create something special for us.:cheers:

It's kind words like that which inspire us addon developers to get out there and develop addons, thanks!

Oh and sorry to bring this up, but my first developing project; the A380 has fallen through a black hole in cyberspace.

Genius

Reaction score
The good news is that you may become a developer too.
So when you are done with Orbiter and played everything you could, you may become a developer.

Where do you start? Here...
http://www.orbitersim.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4531
After that, you may try this
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2733
And once you are familiar with the concepts, you may try downloading this
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2796
and this
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2735
You also may go to the SDK forum here and you may find extra info...
Phew!!! That is a mouthfull. Thanks for the links. I already learn how to use animor8.
Is this compiler any good?
Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it's compiler.
Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler.

Features are :

- Support GCC-based compilers
- Integrated debugging (using GDB)
- Project Manager
- Customizable syntax highlighting editor
- Class Browser
- Code Completion
- Function listing
- Profiling support
- Quickly create Windows, console, static libraries and DLLs
- Support of templates for creating your own project types
- Makefile creation
- Edit and compile Resource files
- Tool Manager
- Print support
- Find and replace facilities
- CVS support

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen anyone ever get Dev-Cpp to work for Orbiter, but I could be wrong. I like it for other general stuff because it's simple but I use VC++ for Orbiter.(not that I ever need any c++ compiler since I don't program :p)