New Release Universal Cars and Cargo for Orbiter (UCGO) released

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm so happy that I can now finish that Aliens APC I just don't know what to do first. Should I go play with the most awesomely BEAUTIFUL Arrow Transport or should I dive into the " how to " section ?

YEAH RIGHT. I'm gonna go play with that Arrow !!!

Outstanding job, all the way around. A big hearty thank you goes out to Dan and the Beta test crew.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh yeah, HAIL PROBE !!!

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for this amazing addon. I have been up the past 3 hours checking it out and I must say I am stunned... i have no words. :lol:

Keep up the good work!

trokkes

Reaction score
thanks, thanks, thanks

Hi dan,
Thank you for this wonderful addon.

Only a question, is there any changes between this release and the gold version?

It´s for not to waste your bandwidth downloading again the same.

Thanks again for your work, the :probe: is proud of you.

trokkes

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
That's a masterpiece, Dan.
Thank you for the efforts!

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
That's a masterpiece, Dan.
Thank you for the efforts!

:hesaid:

Indeed, it's an amazing piece of work that takes Orbiter to a whole new level. Thank you for the work Dan! :tiphat::cheers:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Dan thank you so much,for your time and, generosity you are a true maestro with all your addons,enjoy your long awaited break.:cheers::tiphat:

Last edited:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
INCOMING ADDONS FOR UCGO

issummu.jpg

-Full UMMU & UCGO compatible ISS

Rework of this one (don't download, outdated : http://orbiter.dansteph.com/index.php?disp=dgIVMore&DId=31 )
  • Updated to UMmu 2.0
  • Abilities to grapple & consume oxygen cargo (and maybe other cargoes, water food, not decided yet, probably not I'm short in time)
  • Reserve configuration (O2 cargo duration configurable)
  • If you don't supply ISS with cargo in the meaning time crew die

shuttleaucgoummu.jpg

-UCGO & UMMU ShuttleA

• Updated to UMmu 2.0
  • Abilities to grapple UCGO cargo

Message will only be displayed in HUD view (not VC view) it will remain simple but at least it will have UMMu +UCGO

Stay tuned on Orbithangar.

Dan

CigDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Simply amazing...even more so than I imagined over all these months! Thanks for all your hard work and bringing a new level to orbiter. now time to dig into the sdk :)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Some "playtesting" brought up questions -

-Why are the focused car grounded even at tiny time accelerations, making the rover nearly useless?
Can it be disableable or at least limited to 10x?

-Arrow stops rotating with time accel above 100x, is that intentional?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

-Why are the focused car grounded even at tiny time accelerations, making the rover nearly useless?

I think that's because orbiter starts to cause ground vehicles to jump around, fly and crash at time accelerations.

there was some discussion of this on Dan's forum I think it was decided that at x100 and above the rotating centre section just looked a bit silly. There might be a config option to change that.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
there was some discussion of this on Dan's forum I think it was decided that at x100 and above the rotating centre section just looked a bit silly. There might be a config option to change that.
I mean the vessel itself, not the gravity ring - it's orientation gets fixed above 100x, no gravity gradients, no residual rotation, etc.

I think that's because orbiter starts to cause ground vehicles to jump around, fly and crash at time accelerations.
Sure, but not at 2-4x, not much even at 10x.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com

1-Orbiter doesn't support cars very well, maybe I should hack completely the movement with status lon-lat but this would
require weeks of work and my orbiter time is over. This said appart for long trip time acc is not very exiting and as there is not much extended ground scenery to see long trip can be avoided. (I mean great scenario to explore are not very extended, there is no need for time acc)

2-Yes intentionnal, above 100x even a residual ang vel or tiny gradient G make your vessel too often turn like a MAD destroying the experience of long trip with silly rotation. Also nothing is controlable at 1000x and above anyway

(I've deleted the post in faq to make room for new question as I answered here)

Dan

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I mean great scenario to explore are not very extended, there is no need for time acc
I tend to disagree. Orulex, for example, give a planet full of variably interesting scenery, and you can easily drive the cars along the valleys.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have just tried out UCGO and I'm sorry for the delay in writing but I was having too much fun playing with the new features. All I can say is: fantastic, incredible, amazing, uncanny. In short, marvelous. It takes the Orbiter experience to a radical new peak by allowing all sorts of new missions to be planned and executed. Taking a transponder device down to the Moon surface, unpacking it and then watching that big Arrow freighter landing by robot while watching from the ground is awesome.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Great add-on !
Some issue's though;

1.I've tried several landings on the moon using Lola MFD but attitude control seems to be a issue and I've never been able to make a succesfull landing using LolaMFD.
Any suggestions ?

2.Also, It would be really great if there were 1 or 2 additional dockingstations to attach a lifeboat of some sorts or allow for more than just one vessel to dock to the transporter.
A grapple arm (like universal MMU) in the docking bay would also be a neat addition.

3. When trying to take off from the surface of Mars, the hover engines are not strong enough to lift the transporter of the surface so you're kinda stuck there.
Any way of giving those Hover thrusters some more "boost" ?

Thanks a bunch for this great add-on !

Dambuster

Reaction score
Great add-on !
Some issue's though;
2.Also, It would be really great if there were 1 or 2 additional dockingstations to attach a lifeboat of some sorts or allow for more than just one vessel to dock to the transporter.
A grapple arm (like universal MMU) in the docking bay would also be a neat addition.

3. When trying to take off from the surface of Mars, the hover engines are not strong enough to lift the transporter of the surface so you're kinda stuck there.
Any way of giving those Hover thrusters some more "boost" ?

Thanks a bunch for this great add-on !

I can't help much with number 1, but I definitely agree with your second point - in the meantime, however, you can always configure Paracones to be packed as UCGO cargoes, and then if something goes wrong in orbit they'll get you down safely, since they are UMMU-compatible.

Yes you can give your hover engines more power - just go to the Arrow's config file (Config-->Vessels-->UCGO-->??-->Arrow.cfg(?)), and you can edit the parameters in there.