OHM Universal Remote Manipulator System

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
This is a great addon - powerful yet simple to use. Thanks!

Q: I'd like to create one in-flight. Is there a method/api call to which construction parameters can be passed?

mateusiak22

Reaction score
How to Grapple docketd module? I would like to move the module Arthemis with 2 PMA without detachable, But I can not do that, is it possible to perform this operation?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Put the grapple in place, undock the module then grapple it

mateusiak22

Reaction score
kulch Please update URMS - Orbiter 2010P1
Please :)
Thanks

Last edited:

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Control improvement

This is really a great addon. So you also have something to work when in orbit, great piece of work kulch!

But to work with the buttons or the joystick with just one axis at a time is a bit timeconsuming. Is there a possibility to change the kind of control like this:

urms_ctrl.png

So you can klick in one of the circle, the angle of your cursor from the center will be recorded and the corresponding part of the arm will move to what angle you've selected. And while it's moving you may select or preconfigure for example the wrist.
This would make 180° turns easyer than just holding down one button for the whole turn.

Thanks!

Delta4

Hybernating colonist
Reaction score
I keep one attached to my PSA, and another on my UCGO ISS. Much easier (and cooler) than EVAing the cargo over to my DG. Excellent addon, my friend.

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Does this work with Orbiter 2010 P1? Or is it strictly a Orbiter 2006 add-on?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It does work....but it does have quirks. If you can avoid using it, I would suggest you do. Try using a SC3 arm instead.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There's always the SSRMS that's part of Thorton's ISS.

Have you had success using that on a custom station? We tried using that and were having no luck getting it to attach to something else, it kept causing a CTD.

If you can get that to work, then that is a great choice.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It's a bit more complicated than it should be, that's for sure.

I took a page out of the OFSS II playbook. I used Universal Cargo Deck and selected the MIR2 as the core, then attached a few PDGFs to the UCD. From there it's a simple matter of attaching the RMS to which ever PDGF is nearest to what I want to do (the SSRMS and PDGF are in Thorton's ISS).

I only wish there was an interface for SSRMS that resembled the URMS, it's make it much easier to use (I think anyway).

I still use the URMS, it certainly has some advantages, namely that it is insanely easy to attach to the XR-5 payload bay (or DGEX, Resolve, etc) or mount along the spine of a Shuttle-A.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I am going to seriously look into this.

We need an arm for a project, and just really want to avoid URMS because it has no regard for grapple fixtures, it only wants to grab things in the middle, and while that might be alright for some, what we are tying to do here, that is a bit of a deal breaker.