News US declares public health emergency

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's just been confirmed in Scotland. Already?

As others have said, the media will have forgotten it in a month or so (hopefully less).

Last edited:

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I think that the great spanish flu was a global vaccination-disaster.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Shoot, forget guns!
Im steeling the Astronaut Farmers designs and buidling myself a rocket to get away to those zombies.
Lucky ISS Astronauts don't have to worry about Swine Flu.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think that the great spanish flu was a global vaccination-disaster.
There was no known vaccination against influenza during the WW1 years (first influenza vaccination was created in the 1940s).

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Since this virus also has human and bird flu components it should be called:

Manbirdpig

Only one superhero team can save us, the X-Vice Presidents! Goracle, with the wisdom of the internet and mastery of heat. Darth Chenny a half-cyborg with the ability to freeze opponents with a single stare. And the Human Quayle with the power of inhuman spelling!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hey, Eagle, you have forgotten The Bushman, the avenger from the dark heart of Texas. Herbert Walker, the 21st Bushman. The Ghost who talks.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Hey, Eagle, you have forgotten The Bushman, the avenger from the dark heart of Texas. Herbert Walker, the 21st Bushman. The Ghost who talks.
Wasn't sure if he counted because he's also an X-President. And I think they're still busy fighting Dr. Tsunami and his earthquake generator.

The One and his sidekick Joe are fighting the Economaster and his Toxic Transmitter which can turn perfectly beautiful homes into sludge.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Maybe we can soon summon the X-CEOs, when they finished fighting the red hordes. ;)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Moonwalker

Reaction score
There was no known vaccination against influenza during the WW1 years (first influenza vaccination was created in the 1940s).

Of course there was no vaccination against influenza. But by the way, I did not mention vaccination against influenza at all.

There was vaccination against smallpox, typhus and others at that time. You should look on which knowledge and evidence the vaccination especially against smallpox was based...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

G HW Bush is from New England, not Texas. The whole family are New England bluebloods, although some have migrated southward.

So...Avenger from the Frigid Northeast?

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
Spain confirmed also...

We cant buy guns legally here to kill zombies xD but we have a lot of swords and knives... xD

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
But by the way, I did not mention vaccination against influenza at all.

No, not at all. You just called the spanish flu an vaccination disaster. :p:lol:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Since this virus also has human and bird flu components it should be called:

Manbirdpig

Only one superhero team can save us, the X-Vice Presidents! Goracle, with the wisdom of the internet and mastery of heat. Darth Chenny a half-cyborg with the ability to freeze opponents with a single stare. And the Human Quayle with the power of inhuman spelling!
I have never actually laughed out loud at a forum post on any forum. Until now. The Manbirdpig got me. :)

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Of course there was no vaccination against influenza. But by the way, I did not mention vaccination against influenza at all.

There was vaccination against smallpox, typhus and others at that time. You should look on which knowledge and evidence the vaccination especially against smallpox was based...
The smallpox vaccine was based on empirical evidence and proved to be an effective vaccine - that is how science is done. With regards to vaccines causing Spanish flu, the only discussions of this that I can find are pretty much like this (paraphrasing): we had a lot of vaccinations at that time and then we had Spanish Flu, therefore the vaccinations must have caused Spanish Flu. There was also a solar maximum in 1918, what conclusions could I draw from that? If you have any harder evidence, please post it.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You never drank Sprite when you were sick? :coffee:

How do you expect to survive the swine flu???
No. Best idea is Tea with honey. I suggest Earl Gray.;) I dont think you guys will get the Swine Flu because of the fact that it is passed from pig to Human. but there is no proof that it obviously spreads from human to human. so if you are a farmer who has pigs, Stay away until it passes

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
No. Best idea is Tea with honey. I suggest Earl Gray.;) I dont think you guys will get the Swine Flu because of the fact that it is passed from pig to Human. but there is no proof that it obviously spreads from human to human. so if you are a farmer who has pigs, Stay away until it passes
The World Health Organisation upgraded its pandemic alert phase to 4 yesterday because of the virus' ability to spread from human to human:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8021656.stm
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/index.html

Tea and honey is good any time IMO, no need to wait until you get the flu ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Also, like many of the stronger influenza types, the swine flu is mostly deadly for people with a good immune system. A child or a old person has better chances surviving it, than a 20 year old. This is because the swine flu causes a overreaction of the immune system, with a strong positive feedback in the first days of the illness.