OHM Vostok

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I just tried it... Awesome !! Not only the spacecraft is rendered with a lot of details, but there is also the feel that everything has been done from historical and technical documentation. That's really impressive, you can feel the ambiance, and the sounds really help into that !

The internal view of the Vostok, with working and perfectly clear 3D panels in Russian is stunning ! :blink:

Excellent, I can't wait to get free time to read the manual and test the addon as it deserves it !

A magnificent tribute to Y.Gagarin & S.P. Korolev ! :thumbup: :10sign:

Gianblood

Reaction score
Wow! it'a amazing! The model is superb especially the super detailed virtual cockpit. Also the original radio communications are very immersive. :thumbup:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just made my first tour. The only keys I pressed were T and R :lol:, and I ended up 43km away from the real landing site, on the other side of the Volga. Now I'll begin to work with the instruments and try out the manual control... Great work!

geoair

Reaction score
Superb realization frankly cheer I have even to realize the flight of Vostok 1 without advancing the time and I am myself to entertain as a kid I vien same to begin has to realize a video for this superb addon

and for thorton

для тебя, thorton я воскликну даже на умалчивавшемся русском языке заслуга хотя, я это сделал после всей работы, которую вы сделали
напротив огорчать, ошибка ее факт 3 года, когда у меня есть не ми ноги в России

Великолепное осуществление, искренне браво я имею даже осуществлять полет vostok 1 не продвигая времени и я слежу развлекать как мальчишка я, приходит даже тем, что начинаюсь, имеет осуществлять видеокассету для этого addon гордость

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Outstanding addon. Other than AMSO, this is the only addon that really makes me feel like I am traveling in space. Thank you! It reminds me of the Mercury addon, and makes me miss it badly!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Finally managed to do a full Vostok 1 mission here, really a great add-on, and the radio sound selection is even better for finding out where you are, than looking at the globe.

The only anomalies that I found:

- CO2 is from the start at 3%. Should be less than 0.3% after closing the hatch
- Lights are mapped a bit too extreme, if the astronaut is lit, there should be at least some slight scattering on the rest of the capsule.
- A second parachute opens on the astronaut during landing, not sure if this was really the case.

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Thanks!
Those are not quite anomalies, though.

I believe, I took initial CO2 (and other) readings from Gagarin's pre-launch voice records. The scale actually shows decimals, not the percents - I believe, they just shifted the decimal for easier reading and reporting (easier to deal with 1-2-3 than with 0.1, 0.2, 0.3).

Lights... Orbiter does not even support internal lights, so it was hard enough to make them the way they are :). Rather than tweaking the existing internal sources yet more, I'd much prefer to be able to control the external light from the Sun (to send it only through the windows... but could not find the way to do it in time for the delivery.

The reserve parachute is OK, that's the way it worked - for Gagarin only. For other cosmonauts, reserve was not opening, only the main.

Kemo

Reaction score
I have an issue in the later mission where the CO2 Would climb to intolerable levels. I don't see any documentation on how to scrub the air and I also find no indication within the spacecraft itself to clean the air. The pilot would soon succumb to CO2 sickness after 20 orbits.

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Yes, the conditions in a cabine in a long flight may become rather uncomfortable, as they were in real flights. I dis not implement any "death from environmental issues", so it is safe in _this_ Vostok :). But you can play with the environment, though the controls are as limited as in the real thing. You can pressurize the cabine with oxygen, which mitigates CO2 but creates fire hazard... plus you have to watch pressure... which you can mitigate by reducing temperature... but that decreases scrubbing effectiveness (don't remember if I implemented this last relationship, though :) ). And for too excessive pressure, there is a relieve valve... So, you can play with all that, and it is safe to play.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I believe, I took initial CO2 (and other) readings from Gagarin's pre-launch voice records. The scale actually shows decimals, not the percents - I believe, they just shifted the decimal for easier reading and reporting (easier to deal with 1-2-3 than with 0.1, 0.2, 0.3).

Would still be strange to have the normal atmosphere value as maximum (green) in case of CO2, which ideally has 0% in a spacecraft.

3% CO2 is usually the start of negative health effects during short term exposures (Reducing hearing, higher heart rate and blood pressure, slightly narcotic).

I don't know how a Russian pilot would say "point 3", possible that you simply didn't get the decimal point in audio, or that Gagarin reported in per mille.

Looked through the Tiapchenko documents about this instrument, but didn't find anything about it.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Perfect add-on!

The only thing I dare to suggest would be an English panel (it is the international language of today), or at least an option to change the panel label language on key press.

Yes, it kind of defeats the purpose of simulation BUT it would make things more enjoyable.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually you can do well without an English panel... I found out that even the manual does not need to be printed, it is still all pretty easy to memorize.

Just remember to not turn of the light at night.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know how a Russian pilot would say "point 3", possible that you simply didn't get the decimal point in audio, or that Gagarin reported in per mille.

I noticed that during the ATV docking, the russian translator reported the R-dot value 0.07 as "zero seven". The decimal point was never spoken out loud.

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Perfect add-on!

The only thing I dare to suggest would be an English panel (it is the international language of today), or at least an option to change the panel label language on key press.

Yes, it kind of defeats the purpose of simulation BUT it would make things more enjoyable.

We actually have had discussion about alternative english panel, but decided to leave it as it is (fortunately!).
Personally, i don't care about is the english an intenational language or not. Vostok was russian ship, ergo all controls should be on russian.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
This is a wonderful addon! A great competition beetwen our Antares Manned Spacecraft and Vostok is taking place on Orbit Hangar!

Tom69

Reaction score
Very, very good addon! :thumbup:
Thank you very much.

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
Very realistic and good addon. Very nice, the russian panel :) .

But am miss the manual controls, but that's the only thing I miss, the rest is all good :thumbup: