Humor Ways to kill a UMMU

zipybug14

Reaction score
What I found out is somewhat of a bug, but I was messing around with an ummu turbopack on the moon. Wondering what would happen if I pulled a loop while using the hover hold autopilot, I attempted to flip over. I then found my poor ummu apx. 1600 km away from my XR2, and 160 km above the lunar surface. to make things worse, after I killed my rotation, I found my ummu's rcs to be inoperable. The landing sucked. For the ummu, anyway.

redrover

Reaction score
Accidently destroyed DGIV attempting to dock with Orion nuclear drive spacecraft.

Delta4

Hybernating colonist
Reaction score
OK: My most lethal blunders:

Walked out the door of a UCGO module. Forgot my suit.

Hit the nose cone switch on my DG-IV... During reentry.

Ran out of gas moving towards Mars. No ISRU.

Left my captain on the UCGO ISS. Forgot to restock it. Went to get a cup of coffee. I had left the time acceleration on 100X.

And now, the coup de grace of all fails...
Loaded AR-01 parked outside Prelude II, unpacked cargo. Oops, wrong one. Why did I bring C4 to the Moon, anyway?

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
Hmm....
heres what i did:
Exploded an XR-5 XR-2 and XR-1 and DG-IV on re-entery (learning re-entery after 2 years of playing orbiter :rofl:)
crashed into the moon in a dv-iv trying to make it to the moon....
(actually first moon orbit! :lol:)
now that was this week...
last 2 years tho....
i could go on so...
:cheers:

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

OK: My most lethal blunders:

Walked out the door of a UCGO module. Forgot my suit.

Hit the nose cone switch on my DG-IV... During reentry.

Ran out of gas moving towards Mars. No ISRU.

Left my captain on the UCGO ISS. Forgot to restock it. Went to get a cup of coffee. I had left the time acceleration on 100X.

And now, the coup de grace of all fails...
Loaded AR-01 parked outside Prelude II, unpacked cargo. Oops, wrong one. Why did I bring C4 to the Moon, anyway?

mod?
:rofl:

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
When I first got UCGO, I ran the Arrow Auto-Land demo scenario. After the landing was completed, I unloaded my cargo and immediately selected a UMmu for EVA to unpack the cargo. After deployment, I switched to him and saw that he was dead because I forgot to deploy the crew lift first. :cool:

ive had those days....

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Which one?

C4 nuff said.

Delta4

Hybernating colonist
Reaction score
The C4 was a mod. I forget which one, though. I think there are quite a few.

XSSA

Reaction score
I ejected right before reentry and my crew except for the captain which was somehow put back into orbit. Well the rest of the crew glowed for a second and a burnt husk of the main body was left.

sitha241

Reaction score
on habana testing turbopack's..get DGIV hover some 50 meters with nosecone opened above and went to enter it with ummu..ran out of fuel in first attempt :D

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Habana turbopack challenge too...

I take off with my turbopack. I don't have anything better to do, so I think 'how hard could it be to make a looping?'

That... wasn't exactly the best landing ever.

Chunkboi

Reaction score
Darn. I had to write this over again :compbash:

One time, I was heading toward the moon in a DGIV at a velocity of about 50km/s.

I set my periapsis at around 5 metres above the lunar surface so that I would almost scrape the moon.

A few seconds before periapsis, I turned the DGIV upside-down and ejected my UMMU, who was now traveling at an extremely high velocity horizontally.

mega_death.jpg

Needless-to say, the unfortunate captain had his brains grinded across a few kilometres of moonscape in several seconds, then skipped off of the lunar surface and into a solar orbit, while my Delta-Glider, roof-hight from the surface, shot back out into deep space as well.

Was that it? I thought that was my landing strip! I thought Brighton Beach seemed a bit far away...

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Disaster on Gliese 581 g

I was testing the atmosphere in an upcoming update for my Gliese 581 system when i lost control of my DG-IV. I was forced to eject. All survived except for the poor engineer who didn't get out in time to pull her parachute.

picture.php