What accent are you?

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
Who knew there were so many different names for a sandwich or a paper bag?

LOL Me neither. Some of those I've never heard of either. Andy I would have taken you as someone who would know that kinda lingo.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
38% Dixie. "Definitely a Yankee."

The test is fairly good, but focuses mostly on the Northeast and Southeast, and mostly ignores the plains and everything west of that. Also, sometimes it doesn't give enough options, or there are two or more that apply and I can only pick one. For example, for number 6, option A is cot=caught, and option C is caught=kawt. There is no option for my variety, which is cot=caught=kawt. Also, for number 14, if it's a plastic bag it's always a bag. If it's a paper bag, it can also be called a sack.

I love to think of what the British must think of my accent. Father=fawther, cot=cawt, caught=cawt. All one sound where they have three. When I was young, before I learned enough about phonetics to tell the difference between "ah" and "aw", I always wondered why the British pronounced "Amen" and "are" as "Awmen" and "awe".

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think this quiz is more funny when you are not from the US... because it shows the bias you get when learning the language offroad...

Gorn

Reaction score
Heh listen to a German with a strong Barvarian accent combined with a british accent, that's the wirdest I have heard.

How about Japanese with a redneck Southern accent? My ex-gf, who's from Yokohama, thought that was pretty funny. :p