Question What games are you playing?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah I remember we talked about a SAR hydroplane some time ago... I guess we can add this one to the "short list".

Yeah... .well, I am currently focussing heavily on space now. Maybe I'll do some SAR stuff after doing some add-ons in Earths gravity well.

gamer19

Reaction score
About wargames, i'm training on Command Modern Operations. I've played a lot on Dangerous Waters (I've made my duty in the french Navy), but just gave a small try on Cold Waters. Seems good, but mods are needed as to play funny things. When i've tried it, i've sunk three ennemy ships and a sub. That's a lot ! CMO is way more complex and unforgiving, but the HUGE database, thousands of scenarios available, the different playable eras makes it very attractive. For now i've spent hours on... tutos ^^. The game is realy expensive (more than 100 €), but i think it's acceptable for such a good quality.

On a more tactical scale, but no naval combat, Combat Mission is my favorite one.

About air combat, of course Eagle Dynamics' Digital Combat Simulator is the big one, but my PC's specs are too weak, sadly.
you can try Project Wingman https://store.steampowered.com/app/895870/Project_Wingman/

it's great, look at the reviews. and it's pretty cheap also, you can wait for some discount too :)

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hi !
Thanx for the link, but i think this is not what i'm interested in. The description says : "for the ones who are not interested by a simulator". I'd say i'm only motivated by simulators, the harder the better ! ? The game looks good, fun and beautiful, but it's not my taste.
Thanx again, and have a good game ! :cheers:

harmonicgf2

Reaction score
Currently playing Americas Army : Proving Grounds. Its made by the US Army and is a semi-realistic fun multiplayer.
Was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 but honestly got bored so stopped :(
And of course, Orbiter! After 1.5 years

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah !!! 1968 Campaign won ! Phew... ?

Now heading for South China seas, but something tells me I'm going to have much more fun with the Seawolf...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (356).png
    Capture d’écran (356).png
    647.2 KB · Views: 8

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Decided to revisit Morrowind with the latest OpenMW and TR releases. Pretty fun but damn can it soak up some time. Best in small doses.

predattak

Reaction score
Yeah !!! 1968 Campaign won ! Phew... ?

Now heading for South China seas, but something tells me I'm going to have much more fun with the Seawolf...
Nice.
Sadly in South China seas you can't use the seawolf to it's full potential. It's a lot of shallow water, be careful and good luck. :)

clipper

Reaction score
Decided to revisit Morrowind with the latest OpenMW and TR releases. Pretty fun but damn can it soak up some time. Best in small doses.
OpenMW is such an amazing project made even more amazing by the fact that it's still worked on nearly two decades after the original game's release; i got into TES via Oblivion and then Skyrim and only decided to try Morrowind when i got stuck with a laptop during studies abroad, and making OpenMW work on Linux was a pretty big accomplishment for me back then :LOL:

but just like you said it eats time like crazy especially with its more classic RPG mechanics like high reliance on journal and reading in general to do even the most basic stuff like finding objectives rather than having fancy compass markers

WolfAngriff

Reaction score
Yes, i've just seen that yesterday, seems it could become a good one. (y)

clipper

Reaction score
reminds me of World in Conflict; game was released in 2007 but still looks pretty good even for today's standards and its fire support with all the environment destruction is still some of the best in any RTS game i've ever played IMO

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sadly in South China seas you can't use the seawolf to it's full potential. It's a lot of shallow water, be careful and good luck.

Yeah but being able to use missiles to delete transports that try to wander off is a huge relief ! Also the MK48 ADCAP are faster than warships, and the seeker is an enormous improvement over the sluggish half-blind MK37. And with 8 tubes and 8 wires you can delete a whole fleet in one sweep.

WolfAngriff

Reaction score
This one's closer to "Wargame : european escalation" and all its DLCs. But with this game, no need to empty our wallet as to have planes ! And, as this game provides the french army, i think it's prety good. :cool: ;) I'll wait a little, it's an early access, but realy early.

predattak

Reaction score
Yeah but being able to use missiles to delete transports that try to wander off is a huge relief ! Also the MK48 ADCAP are faster than warships, and the seeker is an enormous improvement over the sluggish half-blind MK37. And with 8 tubes and 8 wires you can delete a whole fleet in one sweep.
Yep.
99% of the times if you take your time and get in a good position you don't even need the missiles. Torpedoes are enough. They have insane range compared to the older ones and because of that and the fact that you can update their trajectory you can use interesting tactics and fire them in such a way that by the time the enemy detects them your sub is in a different position so their counter fire is ineffective.
Plus the towed array is a game changer. I'm not sure the vanilla game has that.
We have them in epic mod.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The stock game features towed array, though it is simulated in a somewhat simplified fashion. Still you don't have it for the 1968 campaign, and yeah that's another thing that adds to the difficulty. The only good thing is that Soviet subs of that era don't have that either and are very loud and deaf, so I ended up chasing Novembers at full speed right in their baffles, then assassinate them from behind at point blank range, like 500 yards. Even if they have the time to retaliate they won't arm the torpedoes that close.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That ASW patrol could do little. The main threat, as often, was the plane circling above. Dropped 3 charges quite near me, but not enough to do any damage.

The ships crews had a very bad day, those ADCAPS, once acquired, don't lose their prey easily. Their best chance was probably to find a life jacket and jump overboard before the hit, those are rather hot waters.

Edit : actually it wasn't over, that plane wanted to be a real PITA, dropped a torp on me and more charges. Zig-zagging is the key.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (357).png
    Capture d’écran (357).png
    174.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture d’écran (358).png
    Capture d’écran (358).png
    456.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture d’écran (359).png
    Capture d’écran (359).png
    454.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture d’écran (360).png
    Capture d’écran (360).png
    290.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
An abominable massacre... I ran out of weapons, the last transport will live because of that. Used a lot of missiles, with the Seawolf x8 tubes you can efficiently saturate AA defenses. I think that even in China those kind of losses without even seeing an enemy would be an issue.

Back to Guam to fill the stores, I feel it will take several other disasters like that to make the PLAN kneel down.

Capture d’écran (371).png

Capture d’écran (372).png

predattak

Reaction score
I feel it will take several other disasters like that to make the PLAN kneel down.
Yeah.. that's one bad side of the game. In reality especially post ww2 i think a few insane runs like this one would drastically change the situation but in this game the enemy seems to have infinite resources and infinite numbers of every ship.
Linked to this is also the fact that it does not take into account ship losses and remaining numbers.
Every time you get into a mission the game will randomly spawn classes of ships based on the mission type and that's it. It doesn't take into account the previous losses.

By example in my Yassen M Campaign (by the way the sub is awesome, it has anti torpedo torpedoes they are part of an active defensive package that it is said by some to have entered service in Russia.. yeah the Russians love their active protection it seems they apply it everywhere) i already killed 8 seawolf class subs in a few months AND a lot of carrier groups .. guess what .. the US still has tons of seawolfs even though only 3 or 4 were constructed.
A small thing but it sometimes hurts the eye.

Last edited:

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Yasen new submarine along with Borei no one knows their characteristics

predattak

Reaction score
Yasen new submarine along with Borei no one knows their characteristics
True, i only speak from public stuff. Look up Paket-E/NK.:)
Not sure if Yassen has it in real life but it is present in Epic Mod so that's why i mentioned it.

Last edited: