What joystick do you use?

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Logitec X3D Pro for me (i had to check my joystick a couple of times to work that one out), but im thiking of upgrading, and using this one for some ancillary controls, like spoilers, progressive brakes (i hate having to slam on hard) and possibly flaps. perhaps if i had a dual throttle HOTAS i could set one to be the spoiler? if not, id just use the throttle on the X3D

Dayderness

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I´ve got the X52 Pro. I have programmed the Stick and Throttle for most of my Games, not yet for Orbiter since I am damn new to this.
I also use Track IR which is pretty handy to look around without using the Mouse and/or Keyboard.

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
I use the T-Flight Hotas X because it's relatively cheap and comes with a separate throttle control and has PS3 compatibility if I'd ever need it. It replaced my Extreme 3D Pro when it got problems after many years of use and the Thrustmaster has been working fine since (for 2 years?).
If you're willing to spend more money, I wouldn't doubt the X52 is a better investment.

I have the same joystick for almost the same reasons. it replaced my Wingman Extreme Digital 3D. ForceFeedback was kind of cool in the beginning. But Orbiter doesn't support it anyway and a proper Airbus has proper Fly-By-Wire so AFAIK you don't get any "forced feedback" anyway.

I always wanted to have a separate throttle control, but I never wanted to spend that much for an X52.

I think, the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X is a good deal.

FADEC

Reaction score
Logitech Attack 3.

41E26NBF2ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Simple/clean design, precise, reliable and cheap.

I would love to continue using the Microsoft Sidewinder. It was perfect for its price. But they don't produce it anymore sadly.

Microsoft-Sidewinder-Joysti.jpg

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I use a cheapass Logiech Attack-3 as well. For Orbiter, I usually use only the keyboard. I only use the joystick when I'm doing a flight sim, or an arcade game.
The Microsoft Sidewinders tended to break after a while. They weren't very reliable. I've had a few of them and they always ended up making scraping sounds when you would move them. Also, the pulleys or whatever the joystick is attached to inside tended to get stuck and you'd have to jiggle the stick to release them. Not fun when you're flying an intense flight sim.

Last edited:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I don't use my Attack 3, it's terrible, mostly because it doesn't twist, making it basically useless, especially for Orbiter.