What music are you listening to?

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I listened to “Pictures at an Exhibition” last night while I did my homework. A great piece of art by Modest Mussorgsky and it’s really worth to listen to. My favorites are the first and last movements (“Promenade” and “Great Gate of Kiev”).

E

ex-orbinaut

At the moment, everything with the versatile involvement of Arjen Anthony Lucassen. Influences from Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Maiden, Alan Parsons, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin...

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Recently I'm listening to 2 youtube uploaders: Pellek and Charlie Parra del Riego

Collaboration of those 2

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
For those who enjoy video game music (new and old) I highly recommend http://rainwave.cc. It really has a great selection!

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Keeping in the theme of Video Game OSTs...

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0kkzHGa-gY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0kkzHGa-gY[/ame]

Melvin

Reaction score
Tom T Hall

Red Fang

Willie

Last edited:

Pablo49

Reaction score
I have decided to rewatch Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. Only 9 episodes left plus Endless Waltz. Best Gundam <3 The music takes me back to sitting on the floor with snacks watching Gundam Wing after I got home from fourth grade.

Melvin

Reaction score
I've seen that video before, it's fantastic. RF is a great hell-raising rock band in the school of AC/DC.

You bet man. The first time I heard them I thought, "Oh boy... sounds like Clutch part 2."

If you like Redfang, you'll get off on these guys as well.

NSFW

And then there is Probot...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
C418 released the album "Minecraft - Volume Beta", his second Minecraft soundtrack, some songs of which will hopefully make their way into Minecraft soon. (we've been listening to the same few songs from Volume Alpha forever!)
http://c418.bandcamp.com/album/minecraft-volume-beta
This actually sounds really awesome. As always, a bit unfitting for Minecraft gameplay, but definitely nice music.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
This actually sounds really awesome. As always, a bit unfitting for Minecraft gameplay, but definitely nice music.

Several of them are from music discs that have been in the game for some time, but for whatever reason weren't included in the previous album. And a few are supposed to be for the End or Nether.
I haven't listened to all of them yet, but the track "Alpha" is fantastic. Listening on Spotify now. I'm thinking Alpha is just supposed to be Minecraft-themed (Volume Alpha themed), but I wouldn't mind playing Minecraft to it. I listen to C418's non-Minecraft album "One" all the time while playing. He's a great artist and I feel the problem with Minecraft's music has been that it was composed when Minecraft was in very early stages, so the music wasn't made to even approach C418's full potential.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score

A beautiful ambient work by the same fellow who made the ambient music used in Space Engine's demonstrations.