What music are you listening to?

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
*cough* Does anyone hear Meshuggah? ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc98u-eGzlc"]MESHUGGAH - Bleed (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
If you're talking about the Steam DLC, it requires the game itself, which is $15. Bummer.

I know it says that but I don't believe that's true; just a generic message.
And you could also get just the game alone and it would include at least the music that made it into the game.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know it says that but I don't believe that's true; just a generic message.
And you could also get just the game alone and it would include at least the music that made it into the game.

Nope, I had tried to buy it, but it wouldn't allow me to. In any case, the stuff on the page you posted earlier is excellent. I was hooked from "Horsehead Nebula" (the very first track :p).

Tenmu-101

Reaction score
Len'en project OST :lollerskates:
like this:
and this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxStVj-NzF8"]Evanescent Existence - 6th stage boss theme ~ Clause - YouTube[/ame]
I hope I'm not advertising too much...:zzz:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My soundtrack fetish continues.

I haven't played the game yet to avoid spoilers (not quite done the first), but a peek at the soundtrack makes it very promising. Kyd did a fantastic job, it would seem. Very atmospheric.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm very "Trancey" these days. My favorite tune for now:

I always loved Trance music, especially for gaming. And some uplifting and/or progressive Trance for space flights ... brings the feels :lol:

Melvin

Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of the re-make, but I have to admit to being moved the first time I saw that video. Watching the old man in his sunset years recalling his past and examining his present to the song "Hurt" is very powerful.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sitting in a Cafe, and there's a funk-cover of "thus spake Zarathustra" (A.K.A. "Space Odyssey 2001 theme") playing. It's a weird expierience, but it's pretty brilliant. Certainly one of the most original covers I have heard ever.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hydra. Within Temptation.

E

ex-orbinaut

So, following up on my listening to guitar covers on YouTube... :rofl: Yeah, okay, I'm a new fan...

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Texas blues. ZZ Top, Fabulous Thunderbirds and finishing the night with Stevie Ray Vaughan.

E

ex-orbinaut

Some heavy Geddy.

;) That's the one!

Texas blues. ZZ Top, Fabulous Thunderbirds and finishing the night with Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Hah! I spent almost two hours "music zoned" on my guitar last night practicing blues pentatonic scale solos, initially inspired precisely by Pride and Joy, until my numb left finger tips told me to stop. Funny.

Onwards...

Some time ago I watched part of a documentary that was hypothesizing about memories being slightly altered every time we "visited" them (some reference here). After having finished listening to my old tape collection, which contained some songs I have not listened to again since the 80's, I have to give the idea some credence. The following sample of songs were like worm holes that transported me in vivid chrono-motive, technicolor aroma-vision right back through the years to the very moment and situation I last listened to them, which I would have thought forgotten. They were totally strange and unlike more frequently dredged memories of that time, to the extent that I got flashing glimpses of how many things have changed, and in what way. Quite an experience. Of course the penalty (alas); those memories now are also tainted by the present, but it was worth destroying them. :lol:

A few of these songs were the devil to identify, as I had them on unmarked cassettes which I had taped off friends' collections. Lyrics finder proved useful...

...and many more.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...and many more.

Oh wow, some of those really ring a bell with me, except for the Boston track, which still gets played to death on American radio, the rest of those tunes have been forgotten for decades.

That Aldo Nova tune, man, that really triggers a memory from the 80s, of wandering the streets of a small New Jersey town with my idiot friends and a boombox radio, getting into trouble and running out the clock on a long summer, wondering what would happen to us all in the next few years.

The local rock stations in Philadelphia used to play that on regular rotation back then. I have a soft spot for that kind of hard, non-hair-metal-but-still-80s-cheesy, rock that was a big thing in the late 70s and 80s. Loverboy and Saga fit into that category as well. People remember the awful hair rock but forget about this stuff.

Another one from those days which I still listen to once in a while. This tune became famous for being in the soundtrack of the movie "Vision Quest", but it was already getting regular airplay back then. This is another "endless, pointless summer" song for me:

Since this thread isn't a nostalgia thread but rather a "listening now" thread, well, I'm listening to this as I post it so it qualifies. Same with this next one from Ritchie Blackmore's late 70s band Rainbow featuring the mighty Ronnie James Dio on vocals: