Science Why we do not help each other...

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Speaking of not helping each other, you writing in black text is especially unhelpful for those of us on dark skins...

An interesting article, nevertheless.

AirSimming

Reaction score
I did not yet watch the presentation, but I will. But that we do not help each other is not a fundamentally valid statement, if it's meant to be fundamentally valid. That some humans do not help each other depends on the culture/mentality. It is a sociological matter. I saw an interesting docu on that some time ago. Very young children already do have an excellent sense whether somebody needs help or not. And they do help without being asked directly. The sociologists demonstrated it with hidden cameras.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I did not yet watch the presentation, but I will. But that we do not help each other is not a fundamentally valid statement, if it's meant to be fundamentally valid. That some humans do not help each other depends on the culture/mentality. It is a sociological matter. I saw an interesting docu on that some time ago. Very young children already do have an excellent sense whether somebody needs help or not. And they do help without being asked directly. The sociologists demonstrated it with hidden cameras.

You might like to watch the video. Young children and adults are very different. :cheers: