World of 2001

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, the new textures for Orbiter 2009 should more than take care of that.

Or are you suggesting a bluer Earth texture, as seen in the movie? I think it'd be a let-down after the Orbiter 2009 textures, but...I think someone has already done this (for Celestia?). So it may be possible to add for not too much work.

Oh damn, I missed the reply.

Actually I meant that the bases look a bit empty, with the moon bases having a very high level of detail, and the bases on Earth being mostly empty runways. More buildings and maybe some more vehicles for Earth would be nice.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
HAL 9000

World of 2001 is one of the best addon's for Orbiter!
Trully amazing, jawdropping work!
I still get goose bumps when i dock with station V, while having Floyd's radio pack and the Blue Danube playing in my Radio/mp3 MFD. (Though i've done it a million times by now!)

Now what more would i like to see in this excelent piece of work?
Hmm... VC's or at least 2D panels would be nice, to give you the feeling that it's a different ship you're flying now.

... And HAL 9000 of course!
I remember someone did a HAL MFD sometime back, but it was only showing a few static pics. Some interaction with it, using HAL's voice would add so much in the experience. (Don't know about you guys but whenever i think of 2001, HAL always comes to mind.)

I recall seeing a tetris MFD and an Orbinuid MFD in the Hangar. How about a HAL 9000 MFD that would DEFINETELY have a "...would you like to play a game of chess? I play very well..." button!

:cheers:

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Here's the HAL we have. The screens cycle and some of the values change

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1840"]HAL 9000 MFD v1.1[/ame]

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
It like to have some new scenarios for the Discovery and Leonov.
The Europa probe would be nice, and the rendezvous with the Jupiter monolith in the Pod might be fun.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Sputnik,
Will WO 2001 be updated to be compatible with Orbiter 100606?

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
I haven't had a chance to test Wo2k1 with Orbiter 2010 yet, possibly only a small patch is required for compatibility?

Beyond the immediate compatibility issues, I can say we do intend to release a new and improved version. I'm probably responsible for holding it up, but I should be able to make some time for the effort later this year.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The problem is that most ovcXXXXX functions are obsolete now, you need to replace them.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What about dbartles' Discovery and Leonov? I don't have access to them right now so I can't test them in O2010. Do they work? Will they be updated if not? I don't think Mr. Bartles is active anymore, AFAIK.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
World of 2001 v3.1, dbartles' Discovery & Leonov, the Pods, the Moonbus, the 2707, all of the ships are not visible in external view. Clavius base was invisible too. I didn't check the other bases. Count me as another vote for upgrading it to Orbiter 2010!

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
Right. I'm working on it.

The Orions and Titovs work fine with a re-compile. The Aries, Gagarins, and Moonbuses, not so much. I need to figure out why.

Nautilus' custom Canaveral textures don't work with the new scenery. Seems to work okay i you just delete them and live without, if you happen to have Earth L14 loaded.
tylrsn's HAL9000 MFD doesn't work under 2010. Or rather, it runs, but something is wrong with the texture mapping, and only half the display is visible.

Some Wo2k1 scenarios are dependent on dbartles' pod, which is also not working under 2010. I have no control over that.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Right. I'm working on it.

The Orions and Titovs work fine with a re-compile. The Aries, Gagarins, and Moonbuses, not so much. I need to figure out why.

Nautilus' custom Canaveral textures don't work with the new scenery. Seems to work okay i you just delete them and live without, if you happen to have Earth L14 loaded.
tylrsn's HAL9000 MFD doesn't work under 2010. Or rather, it runs, but something is wrong with the texture mapping, and only half the display is visible.

Some Wo2k1 scenarios are dependent on dbartles' pod, which is also not working under 2010. I have no control over that.
How is CVE-lite holding up under 2010?

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just to add. It looks like TMA-2 crashes Orbiter 2010. The TMA-1 addon which is a base seems to work fine. Clavius looks fine to me and the landing bay doors open up nicely.

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
@sputnik
You sayed that Orion and Titov works fine after recompiling, plz can you release this ships separatly, then the complet work on 2001 will take very long time, at end of this year maybe like 80miles sayed :( :OMG::sick: :sick: :sick:
You can do it as an "Wo2k1-Orion/Titov-Patch" for Orbiter 2010 :thumbup:. You can delete this separate patch just if you release the complet new Wo2k1 patch.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
Hm, no answer is an answer too :(.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

I think I may have seen just about every reason for this between working on upgrading the shuttle fleet, aircraft fleet and ISS fleet. If you need any help, just let me know via PM; trust me I'm becoming an expert in upgrading items to work with Orbiter 2010.

Dave