Flight Question XR2 flies to Pad 1 on Brighton Beach

wedesoft

Reaction score
Website
www.wedesoft.de
Always when I get close to Brighton Beach, the XR2 engages it's linear thrusters and tries to shift me horizontally for landing on Pad 1. I can't figure out how one can disable this and/or select a different pad. Has anybody encountered this issue before?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It sounds like some other add-on is causing this. I would try retesting the scenario in a clean installation.

wedesoft

Reaction score
Website
www.wedesoft.de
Thanks

Thank you. I reinstalled Orbiter 2016 and all the Addons I am currently using and now it is working. Probably there were some remnants of HoverMFD or one of the many other Addons I tried initially.

wedesoft

Reaction score
Website
www.wedesoft.de
Glideslope autopilot engaging itself

Looks like the Glideslope autopilot is doing this. I can specify a different landing pad there. However it seems to fly there regardless whether the autopilot is engaged or not.

Marijn

Reaction score
So the problem came back after installing Glideslope MFD? It turns on the autopilot by itself? And when does it activate? Right after launching a scenario? Or after selecting the Glideslope MFD?

Did you download the correct version for Orbiter 2016 and not accidentally the 2010 version? And why are you using Glideslope MFD on the moon? I think HoverMFD is a more appropriate tool. I never used Glideslope MFD on the moon since you can't glide without an atmosphere.

wedesoft

Reaction score
Website
www.wedesoft.de
GlideslopeMFD

The autopilot does not display any "AUT" text. But GlideslopeMFD starts aligning the spacecraft with the landing pad when one gets close to it (several kilometers). Maybe if one never opens GlideSlopeMFD, it does not do that but I have not tested that. I definitely have Orbiter 2016 installed.

Yes, maybe HoverMFD might be better. GlideslopeMFD just provides retro- and hover-burn information for the moon (and can do "precision" landing on the pad).