XR2 MkII still a real project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keatah

Reaction score
Just as the box artwork says, is this still an ongoing project or should we forget about it? I understand that it is probably taboo to bring this up; but curious minds want to know!

MachJok

Reaction score
As the head of warranties for Altea, I can say that the XR-2 MKII is dead with certainty. I really wanted it to come and it was really close, but alas it will not be.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
As the head of warranties for Altea, I can say that the XR-2 MKII is dead with certainty. I really wanted it to come and it was really close, but alas it will not be.

What about those who pre-ordered it? Will they get a refund, or a product of equal or lesser value?

Keatah

Reaction score

Is this an official source?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Only two people can "officially" state whether or not the MKII will be released; dbeachy1 and Coolhand. Until they do, please don't speculate.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Unfortunately the XR2 Mk II is indeed dead (I don't have the model).

However, concepts for an XR0 (which will fit in the XR5's cargo bay), an XR3 (larger than the XR2) and an XR4 (a cargo vessel smaller and sleeker than the XR5) are being modeled by Woo482, Loru, and Epsilon, respectively, so there will be more XR vessels in the future. :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Unfortunately the XR2 Mk II is indeed dead (I don't have the model).

However, concepts for an XR0 (which will fit in the XR5's cargo bay), an XR3 (larger than the XR2) and an XR4 (a cargo vessel smaller and sleeker than the XR5) are being modeled by Woo482, Loru, and Epsilon, respectively, so there will be more XR vessels in the future. :)

Do you still have plans for a non-aerodynamic XR0 space tug?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Not sure about the tug, but if we do one it would be named something else, like "XR-Tug" or something. :p

an XR-4? is that like an XR with a Space Shuttle like cargo bay?

Somewhat; Loru and I are still talking about it, but basically it will be larger than the XR2 and carry a number of standard XR2-sized cargo modules (the bay would probably be two modules wide and X modules deep).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not sure about the tug, but if we do one it would be named something else, like "XR-Tug" or something. :p

LOL, I just remember the old discussion before my sketch for the smaller XR0 became the XR2-sized Black Dart. :lol:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Somewhat; Loru and I are still talking about it, but basically it will be larger than the XR2 and carry a number of standard XR2-sized cargo modules (the bay would probably be two modules wide and X modules deep).

Well that does sound very exciting to me. I have mentioned it a few times around here how awesome it would be to fly an XR-2 with a bigger bay, so to be able to use it for things like station building, just somewhat of a more usable payload bay, but with all the fun and capability we have grown to love in the other XR series space craft.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
XR-4 ... that would be the submarine then, according to International Rescue?:)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
An XR-tug would be neat. We're pretty lacking in large-scope dedicated airless vehicles.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
A landing variant or dedicated airless lander with UMMU & "Systems" would be very welcome as well.

Therius

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I absolutely love the Altea Aerospace fleet. Nothing like blasting into space with SCRAM engines roaring! Well... more of a whining sound than a roar, but you get my point.:facepalm:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Nothing like blasting into space with SCRAM engines roaring! Well... more of a whining sound than a roar, but you get my point.:facepalm:

Well, you can always roar yourself while engaging the SCRAM engines. It sounds funny for about 5 seconds, then you don't want to do it anymore...

Keatah

Reaction score
Totally agree! I really tried that once, and it worked for a little bit.
I agree the scram sound needs to be made more serious, not like a whiny 5-year old!
Alternately, you can tell the lady that you forgot to take out last-months trash at the right moment.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Fun fact: you can fit an XR2 in an XR5.

As long as you don't mind chopping the wing tips off.

Keatah

Reaction score
I wish there was something I could do (what IDK) to revive the mkII project.
IDK any of the issues behind the cancellation. So what to do?
Well, a postmortem of what happened could be a nice consolation prize?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.