Project XR2 Ravenstar - Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You can download the XR betas from this thread. There will be "official" XR betas announced in a new thread once we get closer to an official Orbiter release (there is discussion about RC0 in the beta forum). In other words, if RC0 ends up being the "gold" release candidate, I'll post new XR betas in a new thread. The reason is I don't want to release high-profile "official" XR betas until the core SDK libraries are pretty much locked down.
I have a little request. Could there be made a differential package from version 1.0 to 1.0.1 of XR2 until the "official" beta, or file split on two or so, or whole archive repackaged using 7zip (lzma) compression?

Every time I try to download the XR2 beta, server disconnects after 10 minutes, and I can't download whole file, only 75 of 85 MB (I had no problems with XR1 and XR5 betas when downloading ended within 10 minutes).

Spicer

Reaction score
Looking forward to the XR-2 2.0. Ravenstar is my fav orbiter craft.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
could you include some large fuel tanks as payloads for the XR5? it would be nice to have a large generic tank or 2 so that other ships can dock and refuel. think like the hercules ship addon.

White Wolf

Reaction score
I noticed one thing: When I switch to external view, the ravenstar seems to gain some random translational speed (very low, but easily enough to mess up your final docking aproach). However, I wouldn't expect such a thourough Beta-team as was this one to miss such an obvious bug, so I guess the problem lies somewhere with my configuration... :dry:

Sorry if this is out of place at this point in the thread, but i also have this problem. From my experience, it has nothing to do with any of the XR series spacecraft. The problem appears to be with UMMU. I am curious as to whether other people have this problem, and maybe a solution.

Oh, and by the way, the XR2 is my absolute favorite spacecraft. and from what I have seen the MKII will be well worth the wait.
Also, not sure if it has been asked but will the XR0 be able to dock with conventional docking ports? If so, the craft could double as a lifeboat for spacestation crews. it would also be fun to attempt docking in reverse

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
For me it was the Outer Planets add-on. Exact same problem. Once I removed that add-on package everything was back to normal - no translational jumps when switching views.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have also had the Outer Planets problem, as others have described.

White Wolf

Reaction score
thats strange, i dont even have that mod installed. i used a new build with the DGIV and UMMU and got the problem instantly. oh well ive learned to live with it. thanks for the input though.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Just to check, for those of you whose spacecraft jump around when you switch between internal and external view: have you tried downloading the files recommended in this post: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11086? It may not be related to what you have, but may be worth a try.

This are also the dlls to fix the black sky problem. I had this problem with the view change long ago and I solved it with the dlls.

kid gagarin

omnipotent moron
Reaction score
I like the new cockpit and rudders.
the cockpit seem more realistic.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I like the new cockpit and rudders.
the cockpit seem more realistic.
I agree--the canopy before always seemed a little odd to me. The new one flows very well with the rest of the ship.

Keatah

Reaction score
My girlfriend seems to somehow see a resemblance to Space-Ship-One. Can someone explain *THAT* to me?? ?? Strangeness abounds, that's for certain..

I must agree, the virtual cockpit will make this totally complete!

White Wolf

Reaction score
Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks kind of short and stubby now. Almost like its too small for its scram engines

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
Actually, it's beginning to remind me of a Learjet 45, with that new cockpit glass you've added.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Houston we have a problem
Say again
Houston we have a problem this capsule is to small to contain all of this epicness

Status
Not open for further replies.