Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
How the :censored: did they get a picture of my office?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/PeZook/Lets play SCRAMMING UP/officebefore.jpg

;)

Anyway, here's a view showing some progress on the "mid-deck" having to make lots of renders to test out the lighting for these areas, lighting and shading which is then baked into the textures themselves so we get the look of a rendering but with none of the overheads of calculating over 200 point lights.

Attachments

• mk2_phase3_31.jpg
    mk2_phase3_31.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Turbinator

Reaction score
Dear goodness, this XR2 is turning in to something very beautiful. This needs to be in a first person explorable mini-game, to give it justice. I am willing to do all the work required to port it in to a self contained mini "XR2 Airshow" game where you can walk around inside and outside the XR2, using the Unreal engine. Coolhand, tell me if this is something you would want to cooperate on. I would do all the required work, as not to take any effort away from finishing this for Orbiter first.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
That's a damn good looking render of an equally as good looking model, speaking of the model, we aren't going to get a "dumbed-down" version compared to what you're showing us here in the finished product are we?

I'd hate to have that great model go to waste. :dry:

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Well thankyou for the offer Turbinator, but its not for Unreal, its for Orbiter, and certainly i have at the moment no plans to put it into any other games

As for how it will look, I had these same comments before about the mk1, but no complaints after... Keatah for example would know better than to post a pic of a white ship, i think thats how rumours start;)

....having to make lots of renders to test out the lighting for these areas, lighting and shading which is then baked into the textures themselves so we get the look of a rendering but with none of the overheads of calculating over 200 point lights.

all that same geometry, that same textural detail, that same shading will be in the game... I'm using the same techniques as i would use in unreal or really any other video game to realise an interior... If you don't think this is possible for orbiter just look at the mk1, mk2 is the same but better. You might also be surprised how much of your other games are essentially, pre-rendered.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Coolhand, am really delighted to see your outstanding work.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
With a ship like this, pilots will land off base on purpose, just so they can spend more time in it until the rescue arrives.

I like how everything has a feel to it that it actually was built by for someone. An airlinery feel.

TerraMimic

Reaction score
Umm... don't know if this has been put out there already, but how big is this compared to the XR2 we're already flying? From the recent screenshots it seems to be quite a bit bigger. Are we still going to be able to fit it into the smaller hangers and facilities at Wideawake or are we going to have to use the XR5 sized ones?

TSPenguin said:
With a ship like this, pilots will land off base on purpose, just so they can spend more time in it until the rescue arrives.

Seconded. I'm already picking out my 'new landing' sites. :thumbup:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Amazing. Can't wait to climb in this bird and take her for a spin.

White Wolf

Reaction score
Wow those new light "strips" look awesome. They totally fit the lines of the interior. Very nice

Keatah

Reaction score
I, too, have been wondering about the size. It seems to have the same wingspan +/- a half meter. And perhaps the mk2 seems about 2 or three meters longer. Maybe we could get a plan-view rendering comparing the two ships?

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
my god, man! this is beyond words :jawdrops:

many (actually most) commercial games fail to achieve this level of model/texture quality - i'm extremelly impressed :blink:

and now i can't wait to take that thing for an orbital joyride :speakcool: - is there such a thing as even a rought ETA on the first (beta?) release?

keep it up, dude - that's looking sweet! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.