You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
When you smash your mobile phone because it rang and distracted you when you were flying inverted reentry causing the XR2 to explode.
I had my own version of this, kinda. I was doing a routine docking with the ISS in the DGIV, and I was using the numpad for translation RCS. Someone knocked on my door, and i accidentally press the + key (full thrust).
Wasn't as bad, but annoying

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
When you have nightmare in which you are beeing chased by monsters, your machine gun jams but you manage to escape in your XR1

Sky Captain

Reaction score
When you have nightmare in which you are beeing chased by monsters, your machine gun jams but you manage to escape in your XR1

and when you get into your XR1 you take off and use the hover engines to incinerate monsters and when all monsters are dead you wake up really happy

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
When you ask for relationship advice in the orbiter forum.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
"RelationshipMFD, maps cognitive dissonances and spatial anomalies around male-female approach areas".

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
"RelationshipMFD, maps cognitive dissonances and spatial anomalies around male-female approach areas".
Wouldn't be a difficult MFD to make accurate, just make it constantly crash Orbiter and your computer.

Sky Captain

Reaction score
When starting your car you say loudly booster ignition.
When after a long time you decide to fly a 747 in FSX you crash because you stalled after takeoff and then realize it`s not XR5.
When flying in a commercial jet long boring transcontinental flight you go to cockpit and ask pilot to save time by going suborbital.
When you build rocket powered scale model of Deltaglider.
When you build simpit centrifuge at home that adjust G loads according to acceleration of your ship in Orbiter.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You start thinking your coffee mug looks a little like the Hubble Space Telescope, minus the solar panels...

traveling-coffee-set.jpg

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
...When you watch some boring stuff on Nasa TV and wonder why nothing happens when you press T to fast forward to some interesting stuff...

shamandgg

Reaction score
...When you watch some boring stuff on Nasa TV and wonder why nothing happens when you press T to fast forward to some interesting stuff...
LoL ;) Just mentioned that in chat minutes ago, that's about meee:cheers:

Joss

Reaction score
You know you are addicted to Orbiter..

When after so many years since school (I'm 34 now) you enroll in a degree in physics and math because you once tried to develop an add-on and while digging into the insides of space flight you just realize that you got no idea about it all together, and not only that, you got no base whatsoever to even try to understand it.

And you just can't let it go.. Not with orbiter!

Next week I have the finals for the first year, wish me luck!

Irony is space flight was kindda easy to learn for me, I reached the moon and landed on the base on my first try in the TTM24, I give you my word, I have spent many many hours in Orbiter.. But, when in comes to put it down in numbers is a LOT more difficult.

I'll be satisfied the day I can do a IMFD-alike by myself.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You watch the following McDonald's commercial on TV, and the second word they change makes you think of Orbiter

Deadhawk

Reaction score
trying to pull the nose of you car in the air while breaking