You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Columbia42

Reaction score
When I'm sick my only comfort is a majestic (albeit simulated) sunrise from the window of my Deltaglider.

BTW, you count your CTDs? For me each one is a wrenching pain in my heart that it takes me days to get over (especially if it's one of my own addons.) Seeing the life slip away from a frozen Orbiter loading screen followed by one of the dreaded CTD messages is a terrible experience to endure.

Disclaimer: OK, that was off the deep end for an Orbinaut. I think I'll go to bed now.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
when you see the moon as red/orange, and using your experience from Orbiter, try to explain why it appears so to your grandparents

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

No, if I counted my CTD's, I'd go mad! :lol:

when you actually have a running total for CTDs (even for programs that arent orbiter)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
When every interruption to your Orbiteering feels like life hates you. I'm serious: anytime I'm feeling lonely, all I have to do is crank up Orbiter and the whole planet descends on me (I don't believe in Pause buttons). The phone starts ringing, the dog has to go out, and one time my then-girlfriend called me. How am I supposed to choose between Orbiter and a woman? It's unfair, I tell you!:lol:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
When every interruption to your Orbiteering feels like life hates you. I'm serious: anytime I'm feeling lonely, all I have to do is crank up Orbiter and the whole planet descends on me (I don't believe in Pause buttons). The phone starts ringing, the dog has to go out, and one time my then-girlfriend called me. How am I supposed to choose between Orbiter and a woman? It's unfair, I tell you!:lol:

GUILTY, too

Nazban

Reaction score
Because they tried, and you escaped. On a rocket. Made with cardboard and PVC tubes, and using cleaning products as fuel. And you computed the flight on a programmable calculator running a bootleg version of IMFD.

You know, once i had a dream that I invented a spacecraft overnight,( i have no idea what the spacecraft looked like, except that it was a capsule). I went all the way to the ISS to have a piece of cake :cheers:

wierd huh? i guess that's what happens when you play too much Orbiter :lol:

i HATE IT when that happens to me, i feel like :compbash:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
You know, once i had a dream that I invented a spacecraft overnight,( i have no idea what the spacecraft looked like, except that it was a capsule). I went all the way to the ISS to have a piece of cake :cheers:

wierd huh? i guess that's what happens when you play too much Orbiter :lol:

i HATE IT when that happens to me, i feel like :compbash:

I had a dream when I was on the ISS and I was all disappointed when I had to leave due to high radiation levels while flying over Japan. For some reason a few of my classmates and one of my teachers were there. For some reason the Soyuz looked like an elevator with amusement park seats instead of Kazbek couches. And for whatever reason it landed in a science museum.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
I had a dream when I was on the ISS and I was all disappointed when I had to leave due to high radiation levels while flying over Japan. For some reason a few of my classmates and one of my teachers were there. For some reason the Soyuz looked like an elevator with amusement park seats instead of Kazbek couches. And for whatever reason it landed in a science museum.

I once had a (more realistic) dream about flying to ISS with a Space-Shuttle, and I once had that nightmare on an AR-18...

Last edited:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
seeing this P1130514.JPG startup (old I'm now also using CS5 complete Creative suit ful version) I thought at Shuttle PB (I'm still sometimes using Elements)

Graeme

Reaction score
When doing a bit of off road driving on the field, a rough re-entry comes into your mind, on a steep downhill bit I treated the "hill descent" gear as pressing the k button to release the parachute.

Probably the first time Ive landed on dry land. :)

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
when your E-Mail inbox only receives one type of useful mail: OF subscription notifications

when your mobile internet knows you want to get onto OF as soon as you type "O"

when, on a night out, you wonder how much Dv you could get out of an Alcohol burning engine on a DG

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
When you make a real-time mars-mission...

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

When you make a realtime neptune - mission....

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
This isn't really an Orbiter addiction, but...

You know you're pretty addicted to space stuff when you log out of the forum to use the search function - just so you can answer the fun "random space" questions!

Yeah, OK, that's a bad one... :leaving: