You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
You call that normal?:rofl:

JD is normal time. Julian Date = JD. Or James.Denholm :rofl:

Interesting idea...

Imagine then making a count-down funtion that takes your 70th birthday as the target time. Hence, you could get an aproximation of your death. However, if you expand my next idea, you might be able to get a very precice time...

Creepy!:lol:

I don't think Mum and Dad remember back that far to the exact second, so maybe if a time machine was built... Nah, that would be horrid to whatch.

If you put this time machine to the second idea, you could work out when you were going to die, hence a very acurate count-down timer.

When you comment on other people's rip offs to raise your post count. ;)

When you comment other peoples comments on your rip offs to raise your post count.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
When playing a space battle in Star Wars Battlefront II you

-Use translation thrusters for manuvering in fear that main engines will affect your orbit
-Try to use the engine only for course corrections to save fuel
-Try to null relative speed with a team mate and rendeavous
-See a spacecraft in the background and try to sync orbits
-You approach the hangar at docking speed and are shocked when you crash to the ground due to the artificial gravity
-you depart the hangar very slowly and to not ignite the engines until you are at a safe distance (and in enemy range)
-When the enemy disables the mothership's engines you think "big deal, like we need them now"
-When you find that nifty little glitch that lets you walk around the outside of the spaceship, you say "EV-1 has left the airlock"
-While outside, you try to walk to the back to fix the engines, only to realize you lack the tools necessary
-When you print this sheet and show it to your friend, who owns SWBFII.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
how do you walk on the side of the ship ?

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
how do you walk on the side of the ship ?
It's a famous glitch in SWBFII. Basically, you take off, then land halfway through the force field between the hangar and space. Then, get out and you can walk around the outside. It's funny as hell

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
cool thanks :) thats the only star wars Game I have ;)

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
I've done that glitch a lot! The first I ever learned in the game. Except I found out I could land the Imperial shuttle on top of the Star destroyer by constantly making it open and close it's wings and never letting it fully take off which makes it move about a foot each time. Takes a bit of work. And I'd say there have been times in that game when I felt the urge to hit the T button for speed when certain things take forever!

Master of Blades

Reaction score
God i hate SWBFII... I hate most Star Wars games actually, by a combination of realizing that they are generally bad games (KOTOR aside, I liked KOTOR), usually with a cheesy story, and terrible gameplay mechanics + they are the reason that LucasArts stopped making good adventure games like Monkey Island and Grim Fandango :(

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
When you get on your bike and start shouting:

"15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9... 8... 7..."

(you put your feet on the pedals)

"IGNITION SEQUENCE START"

"6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

(you start pedaling)

"IGNITION"

(once you are on your way, you yell: )

"TOWER CLEARED"

davewave

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Gee I suppose I had better admit to this one:

I was timing the boiling ("burn") of an egg and I was fixated on the timer counting down to zero. When it hit zero i'm like "SHUTDOWN" and turned the gas off. A perfect burn!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
God i hate SWBFII...

It's not that bad. The goal isn't realism, just fun to shoot other star wars fans up! :lol:

Personally I liked the first one better. I wish some of the maps from the first one were on the second one like Cloud City and the platforms. Also I liked the jet pack guy on the first one better, I always picked him. :)

nasakid

Space Nut
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
When you get on your bike and start shouting:

"15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9... 8... 7..."

(you put your feet on the pedals)

"IGNITION SEQUENCE START"

"6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

(you start pedaling)

"IGNITION"

(once you are on your way, you yell: )

"TOWER CLEARED"

I do that Already! :p Cuz i am a space Nut!

You turn a corner, "Roll Program" .... "Roger Roll!" (If i am correct they used to say "Rock N' Roll") Eg: Rock and roll Atlantis

And i also say launch commentary for fun! I memorized alot! Alot of the recent missions, STS-1, STS-107 And More