Your favorite old games!

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I used to play the Commander Keen series when I was young. Those were fun games! :)

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And how about... X-COM? Own the entire series that MicroProse made (thank you Steam! And 2K Games!)

Those were cool!:thumbup:

The one with the coolest "atmosphere" (;)) for its time was Space Hulk IMHO.:declare:

-----Posted Added-----

Bluefinger

Reaction score
Total Annihilation
Prince of Persia (The original.. oh yes)
Battlechess
Pacman
Rise of the Robots
Virtua Fighter
Wipeout
Panzer Dragoon
Sega Rally

The list could go on...

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I still could kill myself :suicide: for throwing away my old NES... :lol:

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy -> Orignal text DOS version

Flight Simulator 1

King Quest series

Police Quest series

Falcon

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
But UFO: Enemy Unknown (I think it was called X-Com: UFO Defense or something elsewhere) was one of the games which almost robbed me of my degree!

Yeah, that's exactly right. The only problem is the bugs in it, like that difficulty bug and the base-earth-wall thing... and the source code is long gone, so it can't be officially fixed by the current owners... :(

I have all except part 4 here, great game and great fun. Collected the parts over the years. But I think, nobody will disagree that X-Com:Apocalypse was the coolest part of them all.

By part 4, do you mean UFO: Aftermath? Don't have it either, but it's not made by MicroProse, and the information from Wikipedia dosen't look appealing...

I'm not that old :)
I like Doom

Heh, I haven't played the original, however up until some time ago I had Doom 3. That scared the basgeezers out of me!

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Elite (C64)
Zork I
Gunship (C64, from MicroProse)
The Seven Cities of Gold (C64)
Raid on Bungeling Bay (C64)
Enchanter (another Infocom game)
Solo Flight by Sid Mier (flight sim on C64)
Wing Commander I (PC) -- I really loved that game, but I really hated flying the Scimitar on the "Hell's Kitchen" mission! :)

...and of course, Doom (PC)

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
And I be another Doom player. Coolhand, I have the PS1 version of it too! It was an interesting twist! The sound was especially good. I also have the complete trilogy of the Classic Doom for the PC. I mod it a lot with GZdoom. My other old favorite for PS1 is Figthing Force 2. A great game for just taking your energy out on the destructible surroundings.

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wing Commander I (PC) -- I really loved that game, but I really hated flying the Scimitar on the "Hell's Kitchen" mission! :)

Wing Commander... I have 1, 2, and 3. I LOVED that game. I even still have the orginal boxes with manuals and CD's.

Capt. Speirs

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Pong
ATP from sublogic
Wolfenstein 3D
Leisure Suit Larry
Duke Nukem
Bionic Commando
Blaster Master
Zelda
Strider
Heretic
Gauntlet
Falcon 1.0 Micropose
Shinobi
Phantasy Star
Tomb Raider
Zillion

I could go on and on, I have been playing video games since pong was invented.

I should start a thread for what game, if you could only play that on a deserted island.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
The Roguelikes, especially the *bands. Usually freeware, often open source, and lots of fun. Actually, some of the newer games in the genre are younger than Orbiter, but when your character is represented by an @, rather than some nice-looking mesh, it really gives the game an old-school feel.

bujin

Reaction score
Wing Commander I (PC)

Awww, hell! Yeah, Wing Commander too!

I saw that in a PC magazine and thought "I must get that game". Unfortunately, I only had an Amiga at the time. I was delighted when they decided to release it on the Amiga and bought it the day it was released.

Of course, it was barely playable with frame-rates probably not even reaching double-figures! But that didn't stop me enjoying it. :lol:

When I got my first PC in 1994, a 486DX33, I bought WC again. This time it was difficult because it was far too fast to control! :rofl:

I had a long-running joke with a friend whenever we heard of a new super-computer (and even with talk of the quantum computer) of "I wonder how Wing Commander would run on that". :lol:

I guess you had to be there... :dry: