Poll Your favorite orbital launch vehicle!

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
I prefer the Falcon Family, It has the newest evolution, with newest applied technologies. Even if it is still in testing, I think it has the most promise. Most rocket families have a nice history, but they also have historical designs, which means they are dated and approaching retirement. I just gotta go for the Falcon series.

An honorable mention would be Interorbitals Neptune series. Not much going on there, but hey it could happen, and maybe even surpass the others. If you need more lift, just add more CBMs, simple if not totaly crazy!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I like the H-IIA because Japan is one of my favorite countries (along with the US and the UK).

But the Ariane 5 is great because of its role as a commercial workhorse. Also, it looks very powerful lifting off the pad with those two EAPs.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ive always liked the look of the Delta II and III launch vehicles, very visually appealing in a way, & they will always be remembered as the launch vehicles for Spirit & Opportunity.

Shootingiron

Delay forever, or not at all.
Reaction score
My first instinct was R-7 or Falcon... Because they are the two best examples of what space is and where space is going.

But I'm gonna vote forhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_DC-X

Delta_Clipper_DC-X_first_flight.jpg

Because this is where space really needs to be going. Besides with my budget, if I'm ever gonna stand on the moon, I'm gonna need an SSTO.

Last edited:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
with the shuttle out, that means the vote will go to Saturn V, the only other vehicle with a history as deep and as inspiring will be the R7, but then again, the moonshot really defines the venture of mankind to the final frontier.

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
N1%2BSaturn5.jpg

Prefer the N1..for some reason, i sort of like its design (especially the engine layout in the 1st stage)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The shuttle was my favorite. But now as they don't fly anymore, my vote goes to ...
1349070794_Par7332038.jpg

Ariane 5 ! The most efficient way to get your commercial satellite on orbit. The best success ratio, the best consecutive success flights.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
with the shuttle out, that means the vote will go to Saturn V, the only other vehicle with a history as deep and as inspiring will be the R7, but then again, the moonshot really defines the venture of mankind to the final frontier.

Maybe, but the R7 is instrumental in learning to live in space. Its not flashy, but its every bit as important as Apollo was to the future.

N1%2BSaturn5.jpg

Prefer the N1..for some reason, i sort of like its design (especially the engine layout in the 1st stage)

Actually, every time I look at the N-1 it makes me think of disaster. It really would have been interesting if it had been able to fly though. Guess we'll never know now...