Question your opinion on elevators/lifts

FADEC

Reaction score
I think about them in the same way I think about escalators: useful for old and feeble persons, for disabled persons and for wheelchairs and buggies, and for something like removals. But dispensable for healthy and fit persons. I don't use them. Most of them are slower than my legs anyway. Especially the city escalators and elevators which help contributing adiposity after people had a lunch at Burger King and are too tired to use the stairs.

Funny: as a kid I liked to jump in them or try to open the door. They always got stuck, if I did just jump and not use the stop switch, and my parents always were afraid :lol:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I love elevators. It's not that I'm lazy because I also love running up stairs. I'm the "should have a giant mouse wheel on my wall" type.

Elevators elevate me to new hieghts and give me a buzz, especially when they come to a stop from speed. Like the effects of a ferris wheel as you peak over the top. I know I'm safe in an elevator because of the mechanisms involved that prevents you from dropping. And I'm not worried about being stuck in one either, which happened a few times in a perticular block of flats with just over 20 stories. Funny really, because I didn't live there, nor did I have any friends in the block, but was the tallest building in my city and I wanted to ride it.

That Elevator surfing looks a little to dangerous for me though, I like the outer shell a little to much.

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
I love elevators. I have horrible physical stamina (I get out of breath walking up my my house's 3rd floor) so elevators are really convenient. I also love the acceleration in them the same way I love rollercoasters.

Escalators are cool too, especially when I get bored and go up the down one :lol:
Once someone called security on me :shifty:

steph

Reaction score
no fear of heights for me - it's falling from them that scares me :rolleyes:
I still can't figure whether fear of heights equals fear of falling or not. Perhaps it varies from person to person. I love high views and panoramas, but as you, the thought of plunging down from there makes me want to stay well away from the edge:p. And I can't understand how some people seem to have no problem going right to the edge of a cliff in normal walking mode.

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When it comes to flatulence, an escalator is preferred.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I still can't figure whether fear of heights equals fear of falling or not.

I have no fear of heights. The ground scares me from time to time as its the 'hello!' with the ground after the fall thats the nasty bit.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
i take it you dont like skydiving?

Keatah

Reaction score
They should put emergency JATO's on elevators...

I don't hear too much about falling elevators. Is this something that is kept quiet? Or is it something that simply doesn't happen often?

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

When it comes to flatulence, an escalator is preferred.

..that way you can blow a good one and spread it between two levels. Share the wealth!

diogom

Reaction score
This'll have me laughing all day. :rofl:

I think I might never ride on crowded elevators/lifts again...

How did a normal topic like this get this hilarious? :rofl:

Last edited: