Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Do you really want to go there?:rolleyes:
gopher-dramatic.gif

FADEC

Reaction score
Wacken 2011 - Knorkator - Ich will nur fickn - YouTube

As much as I love Germany, I have to say this band is so typical German :)

You have watched and listened to the wrong band, which doesn't even know how to spell music :sick:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9GPd8Ub-vM"]Bono & Groenemeyer: Mensch - G8 concert - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Do you really want to go there?:rolleyes:

No, because I don't think I have to justify/debate my impression. And somebody who is free should be able to accept different opinions and impressions ;)

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I happen to be a hard core patriot for my country. I love to enlist but they would take me because of my disability but if my country was in danger, I would sacrifice my entire soul to save it from the oppression of our enemies. LONG LIVE AMERICA!!!

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
No, because I don't think I have to justify/debate my impression. And somebody who is free should be able to accept different opinions and impressions ;)

I never said you were wrong to have a different opinion but what if I was constantly giving low blows to Germany? It gets old when your country is always getting complained about by people who have never been there.

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
@FADEC; the list of good german music is almost endless :)
With me being a Guano Apes fan I'm not knocking Knorkator though :) I actually do like that kind of style also.

This is an old favorite I'm guessing you will also like (space-related):
His german version is actually better IMO, but for international reasons I posted his english version.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

In this thread ONLY politicians who can actually sing are welcome!!! All those who can't should wait outside or go back to music-school please.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
[/COLOR]In this thread ONLY politicians who can actually sing are welcome!!! All those who can't should wait outside or go back to music-school please.

Better sign up for some vocal lessons...:lol:

FADEC

Reaction score
I never said you were wrong to have a different opinion but what if I was constantly giving low blows to Germany? It gets old when your country is always getting complained about by people who have never been there.

I don't complain about your country. I complain about parts of the foreign policy and the way patriotism is used here and there as a kind of anesthesia, which is so contrary to my country and patriotism (due to grave experience of war on our own property). That girl for sure is cute, but her singing can't belie what is happening. And I don't necessarily have to be somewhere to know certain things, like for example I don't have to be a tree to know about wood clearing of the rainforest.

But my aunt lives in New York for nearly 20 years (and my mother participates in the NY marathon if time and money permits). My father lived in California for a few month (and he makes equal jokes about it like Robin Williams :)).

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

@FADEC; the list of good german music is almost endless :)
With me being a Guano Apes fan I'm not knocking Knorkator though :) I actually do like that kind of style also.

This is an old favorite I'm guessing you will also like (space-related):
Peter Schilling - Major Tom ( VIDEO English version ) - YouTube
His german version is actually better IMO, but for international reasons I posted his english version.

I bet we won't find only one person in Germany who doesn't know the song :)

It's from the "Neue Deutsche Welle"- era for those who don't know

:lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You have watched and listened to the wrong band, which doesn't even know how to spell music :sick:

Ahem... you deride Knorkator by posting Westernhagen...

Just to say why you have sadly never been involved in real music (Westernhagen is as fake as fake can get - an aloft actor pretending most of the time to be a blue color child. Even Dick Brave looks real compared to him.): Two of Knorkator had been doing classic music in the younger days, and know how to do real music (one "secret" joke of them was using a Mozart chord progression for a song), their guitarist had been playing in almost any band around Berlin, and many people who had been in video games in the middle 1990s might at least remember the band in which their bass player had been active: Think About Mutation. Had a scene hit by providing the inofficial Command & Conquer soundtrack with their cover version of FGTH's "Two Tribes".

You must not like Knorkator and their humor is really nothing for the easily disgusted, but artistically they are far beyond anything you have in Germany. I only know few bands that put so much emphasis on their artistic output and having a distinct style that is carefully cultivated. Maybe Rammstein can be compared there, but Rammstein does not also write books.

I recommend you reading the lyrics of "Ich hasse Musik" (I hate music) and then think again about their spelling of music.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ahem... you deride Knorkator by posting Westernhagen...

Yup, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Westernhagen of all people! Grönemeyer, ok, he's at least a good musican even if you don't have to like his stuff, but Marius Müller? seriously??

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yup, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Westernhagen of all people! Grönemeyer, ok, he's at least a good musican even if you don't have to like his stuff, but Marius Müller? seriously??

Exactly. Grönemeyer is unique, and sadly, much more bulky now than he was in the 1980s. Especially his anthem "Bochum", I think nobody could sing a song about his second hometown with such sharp lyrics and still be loved for it, and have people sing this song, because it describes their feelings of their home best.

FADEC

Reaction score
I think Knorkator derides itself by loud noises combined with spoken lyrics from sweating, half-naked baldheads.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think Knorkator derides itself by loud noises combined with spoken lyrics from sweating, half-naked baldheads.

So you are an expert for superficial prejudice? after all, you just explained that you never heard a song of them, and only looked at the photographs.

Spoken lyrics?

I only know five songs of them, that have spoken lyrics at all.

FADEC

Reaction score
So you are an expert for superficial prejudice? after all, you just explained that you never heard a song of them, and only looked at the photographs.

Spoken lyrics?

Knorkator "Weg nach unten" live - YouTube

I only know five songs of them, that have spoken lyrics at all.

I don't like that kind of castrati either. But it's a matter of taste. Especially if one starts to talk about art.

"Is' das Kunst, oder kann das weg?"... (Mike Krueger) ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't like that kind of castrati either. But it's a matter of taste. Especially if one starts to talk about art.

"Is' das Kunst, oder kann das weg?"*... (Mike Krueger) ;)

In case of Mike Krüger, it is possibly Schrödingers Music. It is art and can be disposed at the same time. :lol:

Though "Mein Gott, Walter" ("OMG, Walter") is really eternal music.

* "Is that art or can I remove it?"

I just dislike making something bad only because you have no artistic access to it. Knorkator is, first of all, a rock band. And the artistic language of rock applies. It is loud, it is often aggressive, but that is rock.

In their early days, Knorkator made a very wise statement about their art and why they are so destructive: "Where violence begins, intelligence ends".

Fozzy

- Endeavour Crew -
Reaction score
The first video is not so cool, that girl is not going to make it into the musical career... in a rude way "my rabbit can sing better than that".

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Whoa, so much hate in this thread! :blink:

It's music, people. No mere mortal is capable of judging another's music. :)

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Whoa, so much hate in this thread! :blink:

It's music, people. No mere mortal is capable of judging another's music. :)
Izack, if we weren't meant to judge others for their taste in music, books, and films, then we'd have to find other largely irrelevant ways to make ourselves feel superior.