Launch News AEHF-2 atop Atlas V-531 (AV-031) on May 4, 2012

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
After watching this particular launch 'live', it seems oddly a different feel now watching any short recording of it.

That live feed was nearly 1 hour long, from liftoff to spacecraft separation. And I came in the live-feed just a few minutes before liftoff. Though I wasn't really there in person, I guess it's like being in mission control as it was happening.

No explosion or any other mishap on this launch. Overall, a nice successful launch. :cheers::thumbup:

P.S.
And that secondary stage rocket is now added to the list of floating space junk up there.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
After watching this particular launch 'live', it seems oddly a different feel now watching any short recording of it.

That live feed was nearly 1 hour long, from liftoff to spacecraft separation. And I came in the live-feed just a few minutes before liftoff. Though I wasn't really there in person, I guess it's like being in mission control as it was happening.
You didn't watch for the half of the day on the Spaceflight Now's livestream the rocket just standing on the pad, and tanking? :lol:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him

No explosion or any other mishap on this launch. Overall, a nice successful launch. :cheers::thumbup:

P.S.
And that secondary stage rocket is now added to the list of floating space junk up there.

No different than any other unmanned live launch...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Launch photos

Spaceflight Now:

United Launch Alliance:

av_aehf2_l1.jpg

av_aehf2_l2.jpg

av_aehf2_l3.jpg

av_aehf2_l4.jpg

av_aehf2_l5.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice. The blue of the sky and the sea are magnificent. :thumbup:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
You didn't watch for the half of the day on the Spaceflight Now's livestream the rocket just standing on the pad, and tanking? :lol:

He's still new 'round these parts, give it time...give it time.