OHM Antares Manned Spacecraft 2.51

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the report; these problems are already known.
As stated, Antares was not developed with D3D9 in mind, so the full compatibility is not yet guaranteed.

Some info: your OS? XP, Vista, 7?
Your client release is the lastest?
the Video > Advanced > "create symbolic links" option is activated?

Sorry, took me so long to respond.

Just took Antares out again to dbl check what I saw.

D3D9 is the latest version (R5c)
Os is Windows XP Pro x64 SP2

symbolic links were created manually via an external client long long time ago.

Under the latest version of D3D9, what happens now is the VC (well the front panel anyway) disappears, I cannot recreate where it just blacks out. It occurs when I hit either the Manual RCS boost buttons or the invert RCS button. Before, when it just went black, and I reloaded the scenario (quit, load current situation), it would reload but the windows would loose its transparency. Now, it reloads and all it well. The VC is there, the windows are fine, that is until I press one of those buttons again.

If you want me to check anything else or try something else, just let me know.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
This is a known problem, Cras.. we have a FOI user working on it.. however, thanks for your helpfulness!

romanasul

Reaction score
It would be really great if you guys make a lunar lander that goes with this package, for a European moon landing. Right now i'm using the Altair lunar lander from the Ares 5 package but unfortunately it's too heavy for the Antares LR with the departure stage so I have to launch it with a Jarvis H by itself to the moon.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Oh, no! We are just space enthusiasts! :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

It would be really great if you guys make a lunar lander that goes with this package, for a European moon landing. Right now i'm using the Altair lunar lander from the Ares 5 package but unfortunately it's too heavy for the Antares LR with the departure stage so I have to launch it with a Jarvis H by itself to the moon.

A lunar lander for Antares is on developement (slowly :lol:).

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So how did you learn to design near-tech spacecraft?

Do you have a virtual wind tunnel to test the aerodynamics of the heatshield, or the flight characteristics of the Eridanus?

Last edited:
Reaction score
A decent addon, but during timewarp instruments tend to go haywire and start displaying wrong data.. Happens while waiting to close up to ISS.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
A decent addon, but during timewarp instruments tend to go haywire and start displaying wrong data.. Happens while waiting to close up to ISS.

What do you mean with "instruments tend to go haywire"? Can you be more specific or post some screenshot?

Reaction score
Pipcard, I see only in this moment your post. The "Big Antares" was an aborted idea that (as you wrote) was inspired by "Big Gemini" for the Deep Space Exploration.

And, for all who are interested, Fausto has "in his hands" :lol: the new mesh of Antares, with new functions that are in develop by him and others F.O.I. developers:
1. Full D3D9 compatibility
2. Solar Panels Suntracking
3. Solar Panels efficienty: if you don't deploy them Antares "dies".
4. Radio network tracking made by the CSM.
5. You can choose the type of radio antenna, High Gain or VHF.
6. And other little things ...

Another F.O.I. developer is also working on a Low Earth - Deep Space Radio Network with some [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_and_Data_Relay_Satellite"]TDRS[/ame] that will be launched in the next future.

More news as soon as possible.

Reaction score
Position lights to visually locate Antares (in case of use with a lunar lander):

beacon10.jpg

The position lights are 4, with the same flashing rate of the Apollo CSM (one green flash of 0.2 second every second)

Visibility of the position Lights at 5 km or 3.125 miles with a 20 degrees FOV:

pos_li12.jpg

Bright visual effect when engines are ignited:

main_t10.jpg

Example of use of "Low Earth Orbit - Deep Space Radio Network" with a TDRS:

HGbase.jpg

Reaction score
Thats brilliant stuff! I would love to see that distributed as a developer resource, it would really make for a cool feature.
Yes, this feature was developed in parallel with this new version of Antares, and will be distributed for use with all spacecraft that one wants to use (Space Shuttle, XR2, DG and so on). This system of radio interface is not attached to Antares but, again, it can be used with any spacecraft.

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
Awesome...might use the Antares as the main vehicle to carry my crew to my space station than the CTV. :D