Update Arrow Freighter/UCGO/DGIV version 2013 update

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry gents but I was away from the keyboard for a day and all hell breaks out.
So many of you can make better meshes, models, dll's, texture ... the lot, then I could hope for. Please don't think think I can not see the wish to push your own machine and add-ons to the limit in terms of almost photo real levels.

BUT

this got a bit too bitter way too quick. I would not wish for any one of you to stop your efforts to make Orbiter better in any way. Please return to the level of gentlemanly standards I know you are all capable off

(Rant mode off)

Proximus

Reaction score
At the end of the day it's Dan's code and he can do with it what he wants.

I am very grateful that Dan, Doug and Loru and all developers and modellers alike allow us access to their efforts.

:salute:

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Sorry gents but I was away from the keyboard for a day and all hell breaks out.
So many of you can make better meshes, models, dll's, texture ... the lot, then I could hope for. Please don't think think I can not see the wish to push your own machine and add-ons to the limit in terms of almost photo real levels.

BUT

this got a bit too bitter way too quick. I would not wish for any one of you to stop your efforts to make Orbiter better in any way. Please return to the level of gentlemanly standards I know you are all capable off

(Rant mode off)

:ninja:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
O-F Staff Note: Please keep this thread On Topic. Thanks

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
What a serious flameware, did something bad happened on this community ?
Yes... please read above.

You mean that my joke that pushed you to bash me so seriously an start such a bad flameware
mounting peoples against each other without any consideration for what I really said is the main
problem of this community ? :lol:

That's a little unfair if all someone wants to do is take an existing mesh and convert it into a UCGO car. Something that is already on OH. Frame rates are also PC dependent so add a warning by all means but please allow us to remove it/accept it/ignore it.

Yep, no problems and as said in the first post about that I'll add it by friendly request. ;)

Of course all the great addons maker have all my respect and admiration here, many of my add-ons are
made to emphasis and push their works to the front of the scene (as the incoming PreludeIII).
I work hard since years to help them make the better out of their art with docs and addons.

So I'm sorry for my joke, but without someone jumping so aggressively on it I'm sure the background
would have been much more understood and the discussion kept to a friendly level as it should here. :cheers:

And as said also, the Orcus Patera addon By Well will be out tomorrow.
hurle.gif

It has a preview of what Prelude III will allow to do with bases by simple configuration file.

Orcus2013-11-30_065640.jpg

Features

Stunning ground meshes and textures
5 new amazings UCGO cars (See scenario "[Cool] New ucgo cars")
AI trafics passing over the base. If you are lucky you can even see one ship doing a reentry at hight speed and high altitude. (Very long trail)
Animated Solar Cleaner (big yellow bar), you can see them slowly doing their job, you can even command them with a switch.
Animated Hangars door to safely park your favorite ship. Use a UMmu to command opening/closing of the doors.
Animated "Mining" train on the south of the base.
5 Factory that can produce 5 differents type of UCGO cargo (south of base)
Lighted Pad indicator, each free pad have white circle that become orange when the pad is busy (see at night for better effect)
Real local light that illuminate the landing area/ship. You must check in Orbiter's launchpad the - "local light" feature. On DX 7 even the ground is lighted, on DX9 this feature seem missing but still the landed ships will be illuminated at night.
Blinking light everywhere so ships doesn't collide with building at night.
Climatisation smoke exhaust coming from differents aeras. You can command them with a switch (if you can find it ;) )
On one of a building's side you have a "touristic" lift that goes up and down from time to time.
Somewhere around the base you have a crash scenery used in one of the scenario ("save the idiots")
4 New UCGO cargos types, two can spawn a rover, one cargo contain saussages (private author's joke) the last one contain sexy clothes. (see mission "Tidy Up")

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Much appreciated Dan and I'm looking forward to this addon. A shame that I have to go to work tomorrow though. :lol:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
I am *so* going to enjoy playing with that base. And lucky for me this is the time of year that I actually have a little spare time to go play in space..

:thumbup:

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
If I could put landing gear on the SSTV....

My Solar System Transport Vehicle (SSTV for short) w/landing gear on approach to this base would be rather interesting to see. Sadly, the IMS system really doesn't lend itself to building planetary landing ships, at least not ships of the size of the SSTV.

SSTV docked with the ISS for size comparison.

picture.php

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS Shipbuilder

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Great. There are a couple of spelling issues in the description. But it is here!!!!

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just had a quick buzz round with a DG4, seeing as this is my first time on Mars......

WOW

Thought long and hard about just how to describe it and ...... WOW

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

vis a vi the spelling. The text on the web site page is not the same text bundled in the zip download.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Just had a quick buzz round with a DG4, seeing as
[/COLOR]vis a vi the spelling. The text on the web site page is not the same text bundled in the zip download.

I'll see with Well what happened...

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Okay, the version posted was not the good one, can you check now please ?

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey Dan,I know your a busy man,but I am asking a small request for UCGO3.0 could you please add an option to use a button to instantly focus on a UMMU man instead of having to go to the menu to do this, UMMUFA had this feature,and I always thought it was very useful.Thanks for all your hard work.:cheers:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Dan,I mean,a keyboard key such as k,or,g,I know the the keys using UMMUFA was the tab,plus the right arrow key for example,pushing this would send the focus to the UMMU man in an instant.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Or,even a key press for a pop up tab that would only show a list of the avalable,UMMUs,so you don't have to to go to the menu every time to find them and focus on them.

Last edited:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Okay, that may not be too difficult ;)

I'm working on something else yet so cannot verify but why not "tab" ?
what logical key for this would be free in Orbiter ?